Watching any good TV?

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: Watching any good TV?

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: 06 Dec 2021 22:32 Now I've started the first season of Invasion .. didn't read beforehand what it's about, so it'll probably take some episodes to get into it.
Finished the first season, but there probably will be a next season.

Now I've got to choose between Dr. Brain or Amazing Stories .. will watch them both, but I think I'll start Amazing Stories first
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

2 January: Having watched The Witcher season 2 over the solstice holidays, I decided to introduce my mom to the series when I went home for a new year's long weekend. I still like season one a lot. I like how the timelines unfold.

11 January: Idly surfing through the Netflix offerings, Mrs. Kong's thriller/mystery senses were alerted by Harlan Coben's Stay Close, starring two of the dwarves from the Hobbit films. It was just OK. Eddie Izzard was in it, which is always a treat. But it all felt a little bit too heavily orchestrated bordering on contrived, and some of the characters were jarringly outlandish.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: 23 Dec 2021 20:32 Now I've got to choose between Dr. Brain or Amazing Stories .. will watch them both, but I think I'll start Amazing Stories first
After finishing the first season of Amazing Stories I'm now 4 episodes into Dr. Brain. Not watching it in its original language (Korean) but just in plain english. It's entertaining enough so far.
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: 16 Jan 2022 20:46 After finishing the first season of Amazing Stories I'm now 4 episodes into Dr. Brain. Not watching it in its original language (Korean) but just in plain english. It's entertaining enough so far.
Finished Dr. Brain (was only 6 episodes season 1) .. don't know if there will be a 2nd season, but if so I'll watch it.
Going to watch Dickinson now.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

24 January: Another thing Mrs. Kong had on while I was idling away in the background—we got through all 3 seasons of Ricky Gervais' sappy, saccharine one-trick gimmick TV show After Life on Netflix, the latest in a string of one-note works that serve as evidence that his early stuff was only good because it was tempered by Stephen Merchant's actual wit.
Kong Wen wrote: 13 Jan 2022 18:55 2 January: Having watched The Witcher season 2 over the solstice holidays, I decided to introduce my mom to the series when I went home for a new year's long weekend. I still like season one a lot. I like how the timelines unfold.

11 January: Idly surfing through the Netflix offerings, Mrs. Kong's thriller/mystery senses were alerted by Harlan Coben's Stay Close, starring two of the dwarves from the Hobbit films. It was just OK. Eddie Izzard was in it, which is always a treat. But it all felt a little bit too heavily orchestrated bordering on contrived, and some of the characters were jarringly outlandish.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

14 March: Finally, something good! We just finished watching the 10-episode HBO Max miniseries Station Eleven, based on Emily St. John Mandel's novel. It's excellent. It has great plot structure and great direction. Thematically rich. It also has a nicely refreshing take on the apocalypse that's not just another "armed militias forming conclaves against zombies" kind of boring cliche. Highly recommended.
Kong Wen wrote: 25 Jan 2022 19:21 24 January: Another thing Mrs. Kong had on while I was idling away in the background—we got through all 3 seasons of Ricky Gervais' sappy, saccharine one-trick gimmick TV show After Life on Netflix, the latest in a string of one-note works that serve as evidence that his early stuff was only good because it was tempered by Stephen Merchant's actual wit.
Kong Wen wrote: 13 Jan 2022 18:55 2 January: Having watched The Witcher season 2 over the solstice holidays, I decided to introduce my mom to the series when I went home for a new year's long weekend. I still like season one a lot. I like how the timelines unfold.

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Haven't finished Dickinson on Apple TV+ yet as I've started watching another series on HBO Max: Raised by Wolves.
It got some mixed reviews, but I like it so far. Season 2 should even be better.
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Finished Raised by Wolves season 2 last week. It ended with a cliffhanger so I guess there'll be a next season.
Started with Batwoman series on HBO.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I just finally got caught up on Better Call Saul (season 5 via Netflix) just in time for season 6 (the final season?) to come out. I probably won't be patient enough for it to come to Netflix, so I'll seek it out via seven seas TV.

Debating starting Moon Knight now. I'm not super interested in the character or really in Marvel's TV stuff right now...
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I think I'm near the end of season 1 of Batwoman, but it suddenly to a unexpected turn with the multiverse and probably a crossover from other series .. I think. Supergirl, Superman, Arrow, Flash, e.a. Don't know what to think of it .. should I watch the other series first or just finish Batwoman? As I don't see the other series on HBO, guess I'll just continue Batwoman and see where it goes.
Grt. Merlin