Games you've played because of BGE

Nominate and vote for your favourite games in a tournament-style competition. Join the debate, discuss what games mean to you, and discover hidden gems to broaden your horizons.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Re: Games you've played because of BGE

Post by Sharecrow »

Kong Wen wrote:This is probably the best time to post this, before the eventual winner becomes too obvious:

I, Kong Wen, do hereby solemnly swear to play the winner of the current "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project through to completion by the end of calendar year 2016, provided it's not a game that I have already beaten.

Who else will join me in taking this sacred oath?
I will except I'll caveat that it must be available on hardware that I have access to. If it is not, then I'll play the next highest ranked game that is.

Basically I can't do a Nintendo, PC, or XBox game...
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Hmm. I wish I could go back and look at the old VC-F BGEs, because I know there are games from the previous ones that I have played as a direct result of their advancement or testimonials in previous BGEs. I think Pinball Arcade might have been one such game, which I'm very glad to have played. I know I've got other examples, but I'll have to scan through my collection to think of them.

But this is absolutely one of the main reasons I look forward to the BGE every time you run it. It leads me to new great games to enjoy!

The Shoemaker wrote:I can't remember the previous BGE's, but this time around I started playing Castlevania Aria of Sorrow because of it. If I ever get a chance I'll definitely try out F-Zero GX now.
:D :D :D You won't regret it.
Kong Wen wrote:This is probably the best time to post this, before the eventual winner becomes too obvious:

I, Kong Wen, do hereby solemnly swear to play the winner of the current "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project through to completion by the end of calendar year 2016, provided it's not a game that I have already beaten.

I think a more interesting oath to make is that you'll play the most highly ranked game you haven't beaten. That way you're guaranteed to play something. That's an oath I'd probably take too.
You got BOOST power!
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I'm in. Assuming I own the console or it's playable on a ps4 which I plan on getting next year. Also I must be able to obtain the game legally for $80 AUD or else. Can't really afford to burn my wallet to hard.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

k
Humphries90

Post by Humphries90 »

Within reason, sure. I'm not buying hardware for it. So that means the Best Game Ever must be on Wii U, 3DS or Vita for me. :lol: Or I have to wait till I get back to England in the summer.

I guess emulation could be an option.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Once we work out which game it is or now we should make a thread dedicated to it with a list of names of the people who said they'd finish it.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The first part of the "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project is choosing it. The second part is playing it. :) The BGE will live on in our hearts throughout the year.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I'm in, also assuming it's something available to me. Like Kong just mentioned, I'll be making a point to play other notable titles in the competition throughout the next year or two.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

VictorViper wrote:I'm in, also assuming it's something available to me. Like Kong just mentioned, I'll be making a point to play other notable titles in the competition throughout the next year or two.
I hope Shadow of the Colossus is high on that list :)
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Sharecrow wrote:I hope Shadow of the Colossus is high on that list :)
From the looks of things, you might want to take to the SotC forums to help ensure this.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming