New Member Introduction Thread

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: New Member Introduction Thread

Post by Kong Wen »

I'm so glad to have all of you guys and gals on-board so close to this new forum's launch!

It really warms my heart to see your enthusiasm for this community. It's only going to get better now that we have the reins, so I hope you'll all stay this engaged as we continue to roll out new updates and surprises over the next couple months. <3
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Hello all, I'm The Shoemaker, another from the vc-forums. It's exciting to be a part of a new thriving community! I'm mainly a Nintendo gamer (as most of you are aware) and I enjoy all types of games. Lets keep the bots out this time! :lol:
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Forscyvus
Aspirant

Post by Forscyvus »

Hey guys, I'm Forscyvus, to my knowledge the last newcomer to VC-F, for only a few short months before the great deliverance to TONe.

I like video games.
lol hello
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Forscyvus wrote:Hey guys, I'm Forscyvus, to my knowledge the last newcomer to VC-F, for only a few short months before the great deliverance to TONe.

I like video games.
Hey well thanks for joining the dying site, we sure did need the support :p Nice to see you've merged over here now!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

Kong Wen wrote:I'm so glad to have all of you guys and gals on-board so close to this new forum's launch!

It really warms my heart to see your enthusiasm for this community. It's only going to get better now that we have the reins, so I hope you'll all stay this engaged as we continue to roll out new updates and surprises over the next couple months. <3
Thanks for this new community Jogurt & hopefully it grows strong
I may not have been nearly as active on the VC-F as I have been in the past yet I do my best to make myself at home here & see this new community grow.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

Hi y'all!

I used to be Jellybeans back on the VC-forums, I've now dropped the beans.

Video games used to captivate me. I used to enthusiastically trawl the internet for games, old or new, looking for cool new cool experiences.
Now, I'm a bit fatigued. I'm sure the interest will eventually return, until then, it's probably best to not force it.

The game on the horizon that interests me the most at the moment is Super Smash Bros., and I will probably end up buying a Wii U to play it later this year.

You will probably mostly see me in the chat of this forum. I much prefer the chat format over posting things on forums, I'm not sure why, but chatting or talking seems to be what my brain is wired for, too much forethought, and I often go silent.

Anyway, the current members probably already know me. I'm looking forward to some new blood!
Bades
Initiate

Post by Bades »

Hey all,

I'm Bades. I joined VC-F later into its life (2010) when I wanted to start building a Virtual Console library (hahahaha) and I stuck around because the overall community was excellent and always up for an engaging conversation. I sort of disappeared once my gaming time dwindled down to non-existent and I slowly let the Bak'laag overcome me. I'm not gaming a whole lot now but I still think the industry is one of the most interesting ones in the entertainment realm and I can't wait to discuss the upcoming events with you all.

Favorite Games: Ratchet & Clank (Series), Uncharted (Series), Red Dead Redemption, Civilization V, and many more that escape me at this time.

I don't play many multiplayer only games unless I've got a group of friends with me or the multiplayer does something fresh or unique. Otherwise I'm "game" for trying all sorts of genres and gameplay-styles.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Hey everyone, I'm kitroplious (or Vernon as my real name). Like the vast majority who commented, I was a longtime member of the VC-f community for the last few years. During those years, I was under a different username, until a more unique name in October.

I mainly revolve from RMC's warehouse and live in the eShop (obsessed with Nintendo's download store on 3DS/Wii U)... as one person from the warehouse pointed out. I also play some smartphone games from time to time, and a former PS Vita owner (though, am planning to get back up there at some point!)
Last edited by kitroplious on 25 Jun 2014 06:30, edited 1 time in total.
Yasume
Aspirant

Post by Yasume »

Hi, I'm René aka Yasume from the Netherlands. Used to be a frequent visitor on VCF and now I'm here.

I've moved from being a Nintendo fan for almost 15 years to being a PSVita fan, with the intention to eventually get a physical copy of (almost?) every Vita game released in the west. Being rather careless with money, I often make use of websites for cheapskates like Budgetgaming to find good deals..Also play on Steam on the side and am still giving Ninty a lil' bit of love with my 3DS as well.

A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

Jelly wrote:Hi y'all!

I used to be Jellybeans back on the VC-forums, I've now dropped the beans.
Pick them up at once! You're messing the joint up.

Speaking of which, where are the paper towel holders located?