New Member Introduction Thread

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
This Old Neon
Administrator

New Member Introduction Thread

Post by This Old Neon »

Welcome to This Old Neon's community forum! Feel free to use this thread to introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your interests and what brought you here. Don't forget to check out the Forum Rules if you haven't already. Remember that you can always contact a member of This Old Neon's friendly community leadership team if you have any questions or issues.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: New Member Introduction Thread

Post by Kong Wen »

Hi folks! I'm Kong Wen (a.k.a. Jogurt the Yogurt), and I came here from the Virtual Console Forums. I'm into pretty much every kind of game and genre, even though I'm terrible at most of them. I started this place so we could all have a safe place to come together and discuss games, game culture, and basically anything else that interests us.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

I'm Nixon Corral, and I used to go by Clayfrd over at the Virtual Console Forums, from which KW has delivered our remaining community. Now, I'm using this introduction as an opportunity to sandbox this forum post a bit and see what my options are! Aside from that, I'm also into most video game genres (though, naturally, I have my preferences; chiefly, I love platformers), but I split my time on VC-F talking not only about games, but also a healthy dose of inanity. Glad to have a new home in which to do so.
You got BOOST power!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I'm Sharecrow - also a migrant from the late VCF. I'm a Sony game player - PS3 and Vita presently. I prefer RPG's, sandbox games (I know, I know...), and some types of action games....Ninja Gaiden, Uncharted, that sort of thing. I also dig survival horror games though I don't play them all that frequently. I'm a retro enthusiast who can still enjoy the heck out of a good Atari 2600 game for hours while also appreciating more modern and complex games that we see coming out today. I also enjoy reading and am a big fan of music and films though I'm quite selective regarding both. Favorite bands are King Crimson and Ministry. With films I'm kind of all over the board for what I like, but, at the simplest level, will generally enjoy any movie that is well-written. I often enjoy films that are not, too - I won't drop any names to protect the innocent poorly written films.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I'm VictorViper (AKA VictorViper), and I'm another refugee from VC-F. I enjoy games most when they make every attempt to see you fail. I'm a junkie for pinball, and try to get out to play a couple of times a month - I'm lucky to live in Vancouver, which has an excellent selection of seedy, dank holes filled with great tables and even has a few arcades still standing. 2D shooters and platformers are my bread-and-butter, but I try to balance that with a healthy dose of turn-based and tactical RPGs. Dark Souls made me miss half of 2012 AND 2013. Aside from games I love to read, but constantly gripe about not doing it enough. I'm also crazy for music, with wildly ranging tastes, although I'm a rocker to the core. I spend a good amount of my time lost between a pair of headphones.

Anyway, I'm happy to finally have a new home for the small, but excellent community we had going at VC-F, and hope we see new members join our crew and engage in some jolly co-onversation.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Darren Grey

Post by Darren Grey »

Hey all, I'm Darren. I'm mostly a roguelike fanatic - I run a podcast called Roguelike Radio, make my own roguelike games and write for a few big roguelikes. I love procedural content and permadeath, and games that make you think. I mostly grew up on Amiga games and a few console hits, and I'm almost exclusively a PC gamer these days. Also love board games, and have an interest in many of the universal aspects of game design.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about VC-F (whatever that is) so I guess I'll bring some external perspective to the party ;)
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Hey I'm Slurmee (AKA Slurmnator from VC-F) I'm 21 and from down under where everything is censored.

Anyway hi.

Edit 2019: I'm 26 now. Look at young innocent 21 year old me up there anyway I changed my name to SkyPikachu ^_^
Last edited by SkyPikachu on 24 May 2019 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
DoctorAllosaurus

Post by DoctorAllosaurus »

Another VC-F refugee here, was formerly known as LordBowser over there. I play pretty much everything genrewise, I tend to stick with the older stuff though.
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

Hello again,

I'm a Beta Fu7ure: the fourteenth regeneration of Betagam7, which is a silly made up name I use on videogame forums. My real name is Betagam 5. I was terribly bullied for it at school.

Here is an anecdote:

I was once banned from Nintendo Life for something or other, then I was unbanned and ask to write an article for them. Then I was a "staff", which I think is a kind of stick. Then I wasn't a staff anymore. Nobody ever told me why.

That is the end of the anecdote.

I live in Asia and play Neo Geo Pocket colour. I have a lot of old videogame systems that I never see on account of my horrible vagabond lifestyle.

My favourite console is the Sega Dreamcast. My favourite computer is the C64.

I have hidden an obscure reference in my avatar.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Hi,

as many others, I'm also a refugee from VCf. Same name, though I could've just used Merlin.

In short, I'm from The Netherlands (EU) and play videogames primarily on Nintendo and iOS systems. Next to those, I also play some games on Mac OSX (with or without Steam) occassionaly. There's a slight interest for Sony, but not enough to get one of its systems.

Enough for now, rest will get on my profile...
Grt. Merlin