Secret Santa 2015

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Re: Secret Santa 2015

Post by Spore »

Slurmee wrote:Steam have sales before christmas correct?
Dec 22 to Jan 4.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I did request only Physical games as i have a bad laptop.

My backloggery is up to date but it doesn't have all my steam games which are located here http://steamcommunity.com/id/Slurmee/games/?tab=all obviously don't buy me a game I already own on steam.
Han Solo
Cinephile and Gamer

Post by Han Solo »

Slurmee, are you saying you will accept Steam games, but would prefer physical?
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Han Solo wrote:Slurmee, are you saying you will accept Steam games, but would prefer physical?
No i won't accept steam games. Just showing my santa my steam list in case s/he decides to buy something like Dragon Age Origins on PS3 when I already own it on Steam but haven't added it to my backloggery (because not all my steam games are on my backloggery list)
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Slurmee wrote:20 days til Christmas if we're doing physical we might want to hurry this upon considering the mail services are usually slow this time of the year.
Slurmee brings up a good point, but rather than worry about it, I'm going to suggest we temper our expectations accordingly.

We have people participating from all over Canada and the US, the UK and Europe, and Australia. Some of you may get gifts from Secret Santa, but some of you may end up getting gifts from Secret Baby New Year. :) The important thing is to remember the spirit of the holidays, and to enjoy the spirit of community and friendship we've built up here.

Happy holidays, folks! :neon:
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Han Solo
Cinephile and Gamer

Post by Han Solo »

Just a reminder that this is still happening and, as Kong said, that physical gifts might show up late.
PoisonRamune
Chatbox Gargoyle
Chatbox Gargoyle

Post by PoisonRamune »

I submitted my address so if Santa wanted to send me a physical present I can take it late (day of kings is like January 6th)
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I got my gift and opened it today.

I got Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. Never heard of it before but looking interesting something I normally won't play so should be fun.

My secret santa was.
Spoiler
Han Solo, so thank for the gift and hope you have a merry Christmas and happy holidays and enjoy whatever your santa gave or will give you.
Putting spoiler tags so people who haven't gotten there gift don't know who's already given gifts I'll un spoiler it around new years.

---

Also I messaged the person I'm giving my gift to so please reply to my message as I need to email your gift to you.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Good idea with the spoiler tag, Slurmee! It's probably wise for us not to guess each other's Secret Santas until everyone has chimed in that they've received something. :)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

Weird situation, I send my gift via Steam but since my victim presentee has some odd Steam settings, I don't know if he has even seen it.
There seem to be some trading restrictions active on his side. From what I read, the presents may spend some time in a void until Steam decides he waited long enough. Currently they are rotting away in my inventory.... :cry:
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!