Languages.

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Jordan

Re: Languages.

Post by Jordan »

I know a little bit of Mandarin, but I read better than I speak it. I also can only read traditional.

I'm taking Japanese 101 but I feel uninvested in it and might quit to focus more on Mandarin.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

English is my first language, but I'm technically bilingual (French). I say technically because, although I went through French immersion for 12 years and was pretty good at it, I haven't had to use my French on a regular basis over the last decade. If I were dropped into a 100% French environment where no one understood English, I could get by, but it wouldn't be pretty.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Native - English
Learned L2 - Spanish

I work with a lot of Spanish speaking students and families, so I have a need to use it, but not as often as I would like.

Lots of Spanish spoken where I live and I try to make it to Mexico at least once a year.
I intend to live forever, or die trying