F-Zero 99

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

F-Zero 99

Post by Claytone »

Is anyone else on the forum playing this? I think I've seen at least a couple of you launch it on my friends list, but I'm probably the only one who has put in tons of hours so far.

Would love to hear from anyone who has though. Any favorite machines? Notable moments of triumph? As for me, I've notched at least one FZ99 win with each machine, and I've won one Mini Prix and one Grand Prix, both with the Blue Falcon. My pilot card is up to 13 individual race wins now. Hoping I can find a way to get a GP win with the other machines soon.

I wrote my first impressions here a few days ago. My opinion on it has only improved since then.

Can't wait for them to get all the GPs in the game! I've already more than exhausted the present content (not that that has stopped me from returning for more).
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: F-Zero 99

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'm by no means skilled at the game, probably due to my relative inexperience with F-Zero. But it is fun! Best I've done is top 25 but I don't think I've broken top 20. I think I like the pink car?

Playing 99 actually motivated me to give F-Zero X a shot, which I ended up enjoying a good amount! Played the first selection of GP's. Nice tight controls and great music. I'm down to see more F-Zero!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: F-Zero 99

Post by Claytone »

The Shoemaker wrote: 28 Sep 2023 05:25 I'm by no means skilled at the game, probably due to my relative inexperience with F-Zero. But it is fun! Best I've done is top 25 but I don't think I've broken top 20. I think I like the pink car?

Playing 99 actually motivated me to give F-Zero X a shot, which I ended up enjoying a good amount! Played the first selection of GP's. Nice tight controls and great music. I'm down to see more F-Zero!
Ahh, I'm so glad you tried X! It's my personal favorite in the series even though I don't think it's the best per se (that's GX). Certainly has my favorite OST in the series, though, and it's so cool to play a 60fps N64 game.
You got BOOST power!