Recommend Some PSN Games.

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Recommend Some PSN Games.

Post by The Shoemaker »

New to the PS4 here, looking for some recommendations on some good indies/PSN games. I took a look through the "most popular" section of the PSN Store but I didn't see anything that really stood out. The only game I have on my radar currently is Rogue Legacy, but I'm sure there are plenty of other goodies out there.

So, what are some of your favourite PSN titles? Feel free to mention PS3 and VITA games as well.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Drauks
Aspirant

Re: Recommend Some PSN Games.

Post by Drauks »

Vic adores Helldivers, and it's a fun little game, lots of bug shooting. Gauntlet: Slayer Edition is free right now if you have Playstation Plus, and I actually like that a lot, though I've not had anyone to play it with. Nidhogg is a cute dueling game that really gets the adrenaline flowing, lots of back and forth action. Blue Estate is a very fun fps on rails game, reminiscent of Time Cop and/or House of the Dead (there are no zombies in BE). Secret Ponchos is a fun little top down multiplayer game, lots of quirky spaghetti-Western characters to play with and customize through different game types. Apotheon is a platformer with a Greco setting, and it's really quite a bit of fun with the art style.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Oh man, I'll get back to this post Shoe when I have a spare minute. Lots of recommendations!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Drauks wrote:Vic adores Helldivers, and it's a fun little game, lots of bug shooting. Gauntlet: Slayer Edition is free right now if you have Playstation Plus, and I actually like that a lot, though I've not had anyone to play it with. Nidhogg is a cute dueling game that really gets the adrenaline flowing, lots of back and forth action. Blue Estate is a very fun fps on rails game, reminiscent of Time Cop and/or House of the Dead (there are no zombies in BE). Secret Ponchos is a fun little top down multiplayer game, lots of quirky spaghetti-Western characters to play with and customize through different game types. Apotheon is a platformer with a Greco setting, and it's really quite a bit of fun with the art style.
I downloaded Gunatlet, I'll see when I have time for it.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Has anyone tried Everyone's Gone to the Rapture? I've heard some buzz for the game and it's on sale for $12 this week.

Also Nidhogg is on sale for $4.50 so I may try that one as well.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Buy Nidhogg. Now.

Get rapture if you're suffering from insomnia. I drudged through an hour and don't have any compelling reason to go back.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Drauks
Aspirant

Post by Drauks »

Nidhogg is amazing fun at any skill level. Playing it at a party made it all the better.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I posted somewhere else about how amazing The Talos Principle is. I should have posted here too. It's not on sale anymore. :(
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

OlliOlli and its sequel are both incredibly good. If you have any appreciation for Tony Hawk or Skate (or especially if you fantasize about a 2D medley thereof), you will enjoy it. Even if you don't, it's a quality game that plays as much like a platformer as a skateboarding game. Can't recommend it highly enough.
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Claytone wrote:OlliOlli and its sequel are both incredibly good. If you have any appreciation for Tony Hawk or Skate (or especially if you fantasize about a 2D medley thereof), you will enjoy it. Even if you don't, it's a quality game that plays as much like a platformer as a skateboarding game. Can't recommend it highly enough.
I do like Skate, I have OlliOlli on 3DS though. Need to play it some more but it has some good mechanics.