Mobile games you keep playing...

A place to discuss mobile gaming across all tablet and smartphone platforms, including Android, iOS, and Windows.
Yossarian

Re: Games you keep playing...

Post by Yossarian »

Plague Inc I think is free to try on iOS.

Wayward Souls has been a fun non grinding time sink and well worth some attention. They have a weird pricing model where every time they do a substantial update to the level of content the price goes up a $. Early adopters pay nothing extra. It uses touchscreen controls well and is a great example of mobile gaming done right.

One more recommendation before I go is Threes! A genuinely charming 'just one more go' puzzler.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I'll reconfirm the awesomeness of Plague Inc. I cleared that game 100% and loved every awful, horrifying second of it.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Kong Wen wrote:Reminder folks: this is in the Mobile Gaming forum. Let's try to stick to mobile/phone game recommendations for now.
My bad. In that case, I'd say Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain is my main recurring go to. Fighting Fantasy: City of Thieves and Fighting Fantasy: Deathtrap Dungeon are also ones I revisit despite beating each dozens of times.

I hate that they never ported The Forest of Doom one....grrrrr....snarl!
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Tribalwars (Kinda mobile but mainly browser based)
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Sharecrow wrote: I hate that they never ported The Forest of Doom one....grrrrr....snarl!
How embarrassing! Not only did it get ported, I even have it! I know what I'm playing after I finish Creature of Havoc. To be fair, I think Forest of Doom got ported later than the others did, but I could be making that up as well. Perhaps it just took me a while to find it.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Forscyvus
Aspirant

Post by Forscyvus »

I can't resist the charms of a good round of Smash Bros (Melee or Project M please, Brawl is for plebs, and I'm bad at 64).

Or a good round of TF2.

In fact, those are probably my favorite games ever.
lol hello
Turai
Aspirant

Re: Mobile games you keep playing...

Post by Turai »

I don't play it daily (not even close) but the only game I do play on my phone is Card City Nights.

Fun little game and one of the very few games I've tried that actually plays well on a phone.
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Post by Starmancer »

Age of Zombies is something I play every once in a while.
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

I've just played this game twice, two days in a row. But I'll post it here anyway..

It's a brain-training game called Elevate, it's out for iOS and Android. The game is free to play, you get 3 daily challenges to do. You can pay $4,99 a month to unlock additional games, as well as being able to play the specific training games at any time you want.

The game seems to be mainly focus on communication and the English language, with things like reading/audio comprehension. As well as focus and memory exercises.

I'm sceptic of these kind of brain training games actually improving your abilities in general, rather than you getting better at the specific games. But that aside, I find it plain fun to pick up for a couple of minutes..