SE4: Franchise Firsts - Round 1, Bracket 2/4

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2015-16 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project.

What games should advance to the next round?

Poll ended at 13 Jan 2016 19:40

1987 - Final Fantasy - NES
No votes
1987 - Phantasy Star - SMS
22%
1988 - Contra / Probotector - NES
11%
1989 - SimCity - AST/PC
15%
1990 - F-Zero - SNES
7%
1991 - Sonic the Hedgehog - Genesis/MD
26%
1992 - Kirby's Dream Land - GB
7%
1992 - Mortal Kombat - Arcade
11%

Total votes: 27

This Old Neon
Administrator

SE4: Franchise Firsts - Round 1, Bracket 2/4

Post by This Old Neon »

Welcome to the "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project's fourth Side-Event: Franchise Firsts!

You can vote for 2 games in this bracket. Vote carefully—you can't change your vote after submitting it. The top 4 games at the end of the week will advance to the next round.

1987 - Final Fantasy - NES
1987 - Phantasy Star - SMS
1988 - Contra / Probotector - NES
1989 - SimCity - AST/PC
1990 - F-Zero - SNES
1991 - Sonic the Hedgehog - Genesis/MD
1992 - Kirby's Dream Land - GB
1992 - Mortal Kombat - Arcade

You are encouraged to discuss your choices and your reasons for selecting the game you did.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: SE4: Franchise Firsts - Round 1, Bracket 2/4

Post by Claytone »

I've never played FF1 or Phantasy Star, but I can say the rest of these games aren't even kind of as good as F-Zero 1. Not just as franchise firsts, but as games.

Glad one of you agrees with me. :D
You got BOOST power!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Claytone wrote:I've never played FF1 or Phantasy Star, but I can say the rest of these games aren't even kind of as good as F-Zero 1. Not just as franchise firsts, but as games.

Phantasy Star is one of my favorite JRPGs of all time so get to it when you can if you like those. FF1 is quite good too.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Sharecrow wrote:
Claytone wrote:I've never played FF1 or Phantasy Star, but I can say the rest of these games aren't even kind of as good as F-Zero 1. Not just as franchise firsts, but as games.

Phantasy Star is one of my favorite JRPGs of all time so get to it when you can if you like those. FF1 is quite good too.
Definitely. I've been meaning to play Phantasy Star for a long time. I've just never gotten around to it. I own a Master System, so PS would be a great collection piece to put the thing to use. I'll play it some day.
You got BOOST power!