TOP 16 — Poll 6 of 8

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2020-24 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project: Hindsight Edition.

Which of these two games is BEST?!

6 — Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (2003, GBA)
38%
11 — Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (2014, Multiplatform)
63%

Total votes: 8

This Old Neon
Administrator

TOP 16 — Poll 6 of 8

Post by This Old Neon »

Welcome to the #BGE2020 Elimination Round of 16!

Each game is seeded based on its performance in the two opening rounds of pools. Every game in the Upper Bracket has defeated multiple other games in 1-on-1 polls to get to this point. These are still the best of the best.

Polls are updated weekly, typically on Monday. Check back throughout the week to make sure you don't miss a vote!

HOW TO VOTE

This is easy. You only get one vote per poll. The game with the most votes wins. In the event of a tie, the higher seed advances, so don't get complacent!

:belmont:
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: TOP 16 — Poll 6 of 8

Post by SkyPikachu »

How did either of these make the top 16.

They're both fun games but neither deserve a top 16 spot let alone a top 8 spot which makes it hard to vote I might abstain or come back later to vote.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Guacamelee has a silly title and silly style, which I think undermines the fact that it's easily one of the best Metrovania games (with tight combat/mechanics, great platforming, and excellent boss fights)—certainly the best one remaining in this top 16 (and yes, I know, Symphony of the Night is up here).
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
liu yuante
Aspirant

Post by liu yuante »

I like both games - Superstar Saga continues the tradition of funny Mario RPGs that don't take themselves or their characters entirely seriously. But if I have to vote for one of these, I think Guacamelee is closest to being a Top 8 game (though as noted above, I don't really think either of these are, but I also voted for both so...yeah).