Hockey Thread! (NHL etc.)

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Hockey Thread! (NHL etc.)

Post by Kong Wen »

WAY TO GO JACKETS! What an amazing series. Down 3-0 in the first in game 1, Torts gives a big swear speech in the dressing room, then they come back out and win all four games.

Rooting against the Isles because of how they treated Tavares.

Rooting for the Leafs—hilariously, I saw Zdeno Chara in my hotel when I was leaving for the show last night.

Rooting for Winnipeg, not just because Canada > America, but because almost every team in the league > St. Louis. One of the worst of the worst.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Pens getting swept is great.

Pulling for the Blues because they should be easier for the Preds to beat than the Jets.

That's all for now.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote: 17 Apr 2019 20:31 Pens getting swept is great.
Agreed, and it's funny to see their entitled fans crying. I'm OK with the Isles getting through the first round in exchange for that, but they must go no further...
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

No I want them to go further and eliminate the Caps but then themselves get eliminated by the leafs (that’s if those guys get through Boston)
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

kitroplious wrote: 18 Apr 2019 18:48 No I want them to go further and eliminate the Caps but then themselves get eliminated by the leafs (that’s if those guys get through Boston)
I'm also OK with this, but won't they play the Leafs in the 2nd round if the Leafs win? Washington vs. Columbus?
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Blue Jackets play the winner of the Leafs/Bruins series because of their wild card facing an Atlantic divisional team.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

There’s one more series to conclude today in round 1: Capitals vs. Hurricanes.

If the Caps lose, all division winners will be eliminated in the opening round. If they win, then another storyline will emerge as they would see their coach that was part of their championship run from the previous season.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Slurmee wrote: 16 Apr 2019 15:31 I thought Columbus would have done well to steal 2 games from Tampa. Now going to be sad if BJs don't make it through.

Hoping Colorado, Washington and Boston make it through since I support them in one way or another.

Winnipeg over St Louis (Canada>America)
San Jose over Vegas (Hate Vegas)
Nashville and Dallas I don't really mind either way.

This is who I hope to win not who I think will win fyi
I'm either Getting 6 of 7 teams I wanted through or 5 of 7 teams with Nashville/Dallas being indifferent.

Utterly shocked.

This series is getting pretty awkward since I support Avs, Washington, Boston and Duchene (Columbus)

Colorado v San Jose I obviously want Avs to win
Dallas v St Louis I hate the Blues since their old captain (Backes) punched MacKinnion during his Freshmen season so LETS GO STARS (Also I generally like Benn/Seguin)
Columbus v Boston I want to see Columbus go far I made it pretty clear I'm a Duchene fan even though I have a real soft spot for Boston
Washington/Carolina v Islanders Washington is basically my go to team since Dad really likes Ovi and they have Nathan Walker (an Aussie) I generally only watch playoff hockey as well and Caps seem to play a lot of it. If it's Carolina v Islanders then I'll cheer or Islanders but be happy with either going through.

If Washington don't make it through I feel like Columbus could easily make the Stanley Cup and from their well anything could happen.

Really interesting season. So many shit teams from when I first started watching doing well now. (Colorado, Columbus, Carolina)
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The playoffs are an utter clusterfuck for me now.

I hate Dallas and the Blues in general, and I'm salty at both of them for defeating teams I liked, and my brother cheers for Dallas so I hate them extra, but I hate St. Louis extra-extra. I'm hoping both teams are eliminated due to some weird rule glitch.

I hate Colorado and San Jose about equally. I hate Colorado because they were age-old Wings rivals, but that doesn't matter as much anymore because it's ancient history and the Wings changed conferences (and also suck), and MacKinnon is from my town. I hate San Jose because they're a gross California team and they eliminated the Wings once and they're full of turd players. I guess I grudgingly lean towards Colorado this year.

I hate Columbus and Boston. Even though Marchand is from my town, I still hate him and his horrible team. I don't really have a good reason to hate Columbus though, and they eliminated the hated Lightning this year, so I guess I'll cheer for them.

I hate the Islanders, even moreso now because of how they treated their franchise player Tavares when he came back to town with Toronto. No class whatsoever. I hate Washington and the Hurricanes about equally, so I really can't decide who to cheer for in these series. I guess I want Washington and Carolina to wear themselves out in a 10-overtime marathon and then the winner somehow has enough steam left to take the Islanders to a crushing 10-overtime-per-game 7-game-series.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 24 Apr 2019 13:26I hate the Islanders, even moreso now because of how they treated their franchise player Tavares when he came back to town with Toronto. No class whatsoever. I hate Washington and the Hurricanes about equally, so I really can't decide who to cheer for in these series.
What happened? If it's just booing then that's understandable he did leave them and being boo'd is the polite process but I feel like being america they probably did something horrid like start some horrid chant or throw stuff at him.