Hockey Thread! (NHL etc.)

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: Hockey Thread! (NHL etc.)

Post by Claytone »

I'm "rooting for Boston" inasmuch as I am rooting for it to sink into the ocean.

Go Blues.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

What an awful final.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

2020 would have made much more sense for this matchup.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

#AnyoneButStLouis
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

From worst to first, St. Louis Blues win the 2019 Stanley Cup to end a crazy playoffs.

Now onto the awards in the next week, then the annual FA frenzy starting on Canada Day.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Life is slightly better when the city of Boston experiences a sports loss. Thanks, Blues.
You got BOOST power!
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

First game I watched all season (basically NHL Game Pass is too expensive)

Marchand lost that game for Boston. That goal 7 seconds to go was a pivotal turning point in the game. Boston was dominating and St. Louis had gotten lucky with 1 goal but 1-0 going into the 1st isn't horrid but letting a goal in late with 7 seconds to go on a horrendous line change just ruins a teams locker going into the break. You never ever go for the change there. Just suck it up for 10 more seconds.

Sad to see St. Louis win since they're divisional rivals that being said my true hate for them came in the form of David Backes so it's weird since he plays for Boston now (and was scratched). I think St. Louis goalie also won them the match it very easily could have been 3-0 Boston at first intermission with how dominate Boston were.

Weird seeing ROR play for St.Louis glad he won the cup and con smyth but sad to see it's for St. Louis.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Well, I mean, some crap team had to win, so it might as well have been the Blues.

The Buffalo Sabres and the Vancouver Canucks are now tied for the longest Stanley Cup drought among teams who have never won the Cup ever. (The Toronto Maple Leafs obviously still wear the overall drought length crown for now, but they at least have won it before.)
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Just found out my 2nd last favorite Avs player got traded over the off season (I'm slow) I really liked Barrie and the avs basically only have mackinnon left (they even lost varly) also news that Nathan Walker moved to St Louis (a team I hate due to av rivalries) it makes it hard to really pick a team.

With how hard and expensive it is to watch games here I've basically just decided to watch whatever games I want this season that are free to watch or on Australian TV. There's some teams I obviously prefer to watch over others but it will be a new and interesting way to watch the sport.

Avs (og team + mackinnon/rataten) , Washington (Ovi + dad's fav team), Toronto (Barrie + Matthews), Tampa Bay (solid all around team) and Edmonton (haven't watched enough of McDavids) stand out as teams I'd like to watch. Will be watching Tampa Bay v Toronto on Thursday. 2 teams that on paper look pretty solid.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I feel ya, Sky! My favourite team fizzled into obscurity many years ago (Wings), so I've just been enjoying a smattering of teams for various reasons, and then cheering against teams I actively dislike on the other side. :)