My Nintendo Discussion.

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

My Nintendo Discussion.

Post by kawaiipikachu »

Lets discuss about the Club Nintendo replacement "My Nintendo" here.

Talk about exactions issues & so on.

Also to talk about issues rewards & stuff.

Theres little info on about it other that it seems to involve physical rewards like Club Nintendo & appears that playing games longer can even earn you points.

I also noticed an possible issue when I pre-register for the Miitomo app that I get bonus points as soon the app is released.
The issue is that these points expire six months from receiving them.
Don't know much about the points expire & how it work but unlike Club Nintendo where stars you earned are indefinite it appears not the case with My Nintendo, forcing you to spend them as soon as you can more or less.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: My Nintendo Discussion.

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I've registered with My Nintendo using my NNID and also pre-registered Miitomo. Haven't read much about the point system, but I don't expect much of it. You'll probably get to spend it on dressing up your Mii for Miitomo and/or on other useless items that were already there with Club Nintendo. Sure hope they'll offer better stuff that don't take too long to save for. We'll just have to wait and see when it's available.

As for Club Nintendo stars ... they did have an expiration date. Wasn't so when Club Nintendo started, but they changed it at some point. They even put an expiration date on the registration cards that came with the games.
Grt. Merlin

kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:As for Club Nintendo stars ... they did have an expiration date. Wasn't so when Club Nintendo started, but they changed it at some point. They even put an expiration date on the registration cards that came with the games.
Well I heard that they added the expiry date to the cards themselves yet Never heard such a thing with the coins/stars.
Took about a couple of years each at least saving for the game & watch collections yet they never disappeared.
There's no mention on the star summery pages never mentioned them expiring so I'm pretty sure they don't expire.
"
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

kawaiipikachu wrote:There's no mention on the star summery pages never mentioned them expiring so I'm pretty sure they don't expire.
Are you sure? ...
7. Number of Stars that can be earned and expiration of Stars.

Eligible Nintendo hardware may earn you up to 500 stars. Stars earned for eligible Nintendo games may vary between titles. Please check the listing on the website for stars earned. Eligible Third Party Games may earn you up to 250 stars.

The Stars expire 36 months after they have been earned. Unredeemed stars that are older than 36 months will be deleted from your account and cannot be used.

PINs on Nintendo games will automatically expire 5 years from the original title release date in Australia and New Zealand so that you will not be able to earn Stars from these products after this term. Nintendo will provide a listing on its website of all eligible Nintendo games and their release dates which Club Nintendo members should refer to.

For the automatic expiry date for PINs on other eligible third party games produced for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U; please refer to the PIN card.

There is no expiry date for PINs on hardware.

The maximum number of Stars you can earn in total may be limited by Nintendo with a notice period of one week. This does not apply to Stars you have already earned at the moment of notice.
Found this at https://www.nintendo.com.au/club-ninten ... conditions
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Coins eventually expired, but after much longer than 6 months. It does seem a little short, but I suppose unlike last time they don't want people hoarding coins for years to grab all the big stuff. What I am hoping this means is that physical rewards won't be as expensive, and that they will be making an effort to ensure that there are always appealing things to spend out coins on.

In regards to what we can spend coins on, they have said that we will be able to use them on physical rewards, discounts on games (might be gold coins raher than platinum), digital rewards and DLC, as far as I remember.

Hopefully Miitomo launches early March to get My Nintendo going.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I just preregistered to get the platinum coins. Wow this sounds exciting. Using precious metals to describe the coins makes it seem really important.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:
kawaiipikachu wrote:There's no mention on the star summery pages never mentioned them expiring so I'm pretty sure they don't expire.
Are you sure? ...
7. Number of Stars that can be earned and expiration of Stars.

Eligible Nintendo hardware may earn you up to 500 stars. Stars earned for eligible Nintendo games may vary between titles. Please check the listing on the website for stars earned. Eligible Third Party Games may earn you up to 250 stars.

The Stars expire 36 months after they have been earned. Unredeemed stars that are older than 36 months will be deleted from your account and cannot be used.

PINs on Nintendo games will automatically expire 5 years from the original title release date in Australia and New Zealand so that you will not be able to earn Stars from these products after this term. Nintendo will provide a listing on its website of all eligible Nintendo games and their release dates which Club Nintendo members should refer to.

For the automatic expiry date for PINs on other eligible third party games produced for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U; please refer to the PIN card.

There is no expiry date for PINs on hardware.

The maximum number of Stars you can earn in total may be limited by Nintendo with a notice period of one week. This does not apply to Stars you have already earned at the moment of notice.
Found this at https://www.nintendo.com.au/club-ninten ... conditions
I didn't know, so it's not really too obvious especially I ended up spending them before they expire.
"
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote:I just preregistered to get the platinum coins. Wow this sounds exciting. Using precious metals to describe the coins makes it seem really important.
Just a bit of sly humour here from old Kreegs. Love it!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

The program along with Miitomo launched in Japan last week. They had various games you could download for platinum coins, more than just virtual console titles this time around. They also had discounts for 20-50% off various retail titles. It looks like you'll get coins for doing various things as well like posting on Facebook. It sounds alright so far, no physical rewards yet. We should be getting it as well as Miitomo sometime this month.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

I noticed something worrying in terms of earning coins is that you can get them via Digital games not retail so a lot of people be missing out on coins.
"