My Nintendo Discussion.

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: My Nintendo Discussion.

Post by The Shoemaker »

kawaiipikachu wrote:I noticed something worrying in terms of earning coins is that you can get them via Digital games not retail so a lot of people be missing out on coins.
Concerning for me as well, especially since the bulk of coins usually come from retail titles which I usually don't download.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Considering buying on the eshop is generally so overpriced compared to retail and or importing from UK if that's the case I'll never get any coins unless I'm buying Virtual Console games.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Canadian My Nintendo is interesting. We have to pay more for each reward teir, which is fine considering the dollar ratio. But what I find odd is the discounts we can redeem are less than the U.S. The games that are 20% and 40% off in the U.S. are 15% and 30% off in Canada. Isn't 40% off a Canadian price equivalent to 40% a U.S. price? :p
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

The Shoemaker wrote:Canadian My Nintendo is interesting. We have to pay more for each reward teir, which is fine considering the dollar ratio. But what I find odd is the discounts we can redeem are less than the U.S. The games that are 20% and 40% off in the U.S. are 15% and 30% off in Canada. Isn't 40% off a Canadian price equivalent to 40% a U.S. price? :p
Does it think I'm in Canada?? Tells me 15% and 30%, anyway.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

evildevil97 wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Canadian My Nintendo is interesting. We have to pay more for each reward teir, which is fine considering the dollar ratio. But what I find odd is the discounts we can redeem are less than the U.S. The games that are 20% and 40% off in the U.S. are 15% and 30% off in Canada. Isn't 40% off a Canadian price equivalent to 40% a U.S. price? :p
Maybe I'm wrong then, I swear it was 20% and 40% in US.
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Disappointed that there is no way to register physical titles. While I buy some stuff digitally, I also grab stuff I really want physically so there's no benefits for doing that unlike Club Nintendo.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

squishy wrote:Disappointed that there is no way to register physical titles. While I buy some stuff digitally, I also grab stuff I really want physically so there's no benefits for doing that unlike Club Nintendo.
I'm hoping they still have codes for physical games because there is a section on the site to redeem codes, but considering they've said nothing about it I really doubt it.

I can't really see myself making use of the gold coins since the minimum you need for a prize right now is 100, which is essentially $100 spent on the eShop. The coins only last 6 months so I can't see myself earning enough of those coins.

It's nice that you can get platinum/Miitomo coins just for doing things in game. Hopefully more games offer you coins as well.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Not sure why it's like this, but there's a bit of a disparity between My Nintendo and Miitomo, at least when I was last looking at it. It seems like when you're in the app you can only use Miitomo coins to redeem My Nintendo items, but when you're on the My Nintendo site you can use platinum or Miitomo coins for the same rewards. Also noticed in Miitomo you can redeem a game ticket for 250 Miitomo coins, or 5 for 450. You can also redeem 10 for 250, but this option only shows up in the app and not on the website.

Not a big issue, I would assume they're still working out the kinks.
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote:Not sure why it's like this, but there's a bit of a disparity between My Nintendo and Miitomo, at least when I was last looking at it. It seems like when you're in the app you can only use Miitomo coins to redeem My Nintendo items, but when you're on the My Nintendo site you can use platinum or Miitomo coins for the same rewards. Also noticed in Miitomo you can redeem a game ticket for 250 Miitomo coins, or 5 for 450. You can also redeem 10 for 250, but this option only shows up in the app and not on the website.

Not a big issue, I would assume they're still working out the kinks.
Well the game ticket does show up for me on the website so it's something weird.

Also on the plus side it looks like I'm only 100 points away from the Twilight Princess themed Picross game.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

The Shoemaker wrote:
evildevil97 wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong then, I swear it was 20% and 40% in US.
It's 20% and 40% here in Europe. And there was one game with a 50% discount for 60 gold coins. 10 gold coins doesn't equal € 10,- spent in eShop, spending € 11,- produces 20 gold coins and discounted games still produce gold coins for the original price.
Grt. Merlin