Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by Kreegs »

Anyone still need Nintendo online? I have the family plan so I have some open spots if you want to work something out.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'm all good, got 6 people on my plan!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

Kreegs wrote: 01 Oct 2018 00:12 Anyone still need Nintendo online? I have the family plan so I have some open spots if you want to work something out.
give online
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Send me a PM if you are interested Spore. Would be 10 bucks or a little less.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Nintendo Labo flopped, but the Switch did well over the holidays. There are some rumors that Nintendo's seemingly crazy 20 million switch sales goal could be achievable.

Personally 2018 was a crap year for me. I didn't really like any games at all in this year. There was just nothing appealing to me. I think 2019 may be slightly better; at least I have Fire Emblem to look forward to.
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Jordan wrote: 18 Jan 2019 23:23 Nintendo Labo flopped, but the Switch did well over the holidays.
At 1.39 million units sold, how did it flop exactly? Apparently Nintendo was very happy with the sales numbers for it too
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Nintendo President Shuntaro Furukawa recently said the following about Labo:

"It hasn’t sold as well as our other hit games have, but we did have an increase in sales for Labo during the end of the year. There are many new ways to experience Labo, and we’re working on formulating new methods that convey its allure so Labo’s sales will have longer legs."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/0 ... tendo_labo

To me the first part of his quote is an admission that Labo did not take off the way Nintendo hoped. Given the overall stellar sales for the Switch, I don't think its numbers are very good. If compared to other peripherals for other consoles, such as VR as an example, I just don't feel like the Labo has caught on much. I think Nintendo expected a Wii Fit and instead got something more akin to Wii Music. To give some perspective, Wii Music was roundly considered a fail and a flop, and still sold 2.65 mil.
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Fair enough. For reference, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze sold 1.4 m and Mario Tennis Aces sold 1.38m
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I personally think those Mario Tennis sales are very lackluster, and I'm not quite sure why it sold at that level. There was barely anything out at that time on Switch. I feel like it should have done better.

I think the Tropical Freeze sales are pretty good, however. Considerations for me are the type of game it is and also considering that it's a Wii U Port at full price. I feel that this might have alienated some buyers. Kirby Star Allies iirc sold significantly better, which I don't think is necessarily because it's a better game, but just because it was a new Kirby game.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I feel 2 million is about what I would expect for games like Kirby and Mario Tennis. I'm sure they made their money back with Labo, but I also don't think labo took off in the way they hoped.

I had a lot to play in 2018, but I didn't find it to be a particularly great year for new games, despite standouts like God of War and Celeste. 2019 is looking up with Kingdom Hearts and Fire Emblem, ect.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons