What are you playing right now?

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Skullomancer
Initiate

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Skullomancer »

Been slowly making my way through Dead Space. I can only play in small bursts because it's scary and I'm a pansy.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Skullomancer wrote: 18 Mar 2019 05:26 Been slowly making my way through Dead Space. I can only play in small bursts because it's scary and I'm a pansy.
This is the exact problem I had with Dead Space, and indeed all scary games (the latest was Outlast). I don't even think I got to any of the "scary" parts in Dead Space, but the tense atmosphere alone was enough to stress me out enough the whole time I was playing that I had to stop.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Valkyria Chronicles 4 - Fantastic game, just over 35 hours in now, seems like there's still a lot to go as well. I like that the game is continuously adding new things to the mix, even this far into the game.

SSB Ultimate - Been focusing on getting better with Cloud, I feel pretty good with him now. Ike is still the character I feel the most safe with as he's been my main since Brawl, but there are a few characters I'm starting to feel at that level with.

Halo Combat Evolved - The girlfriend and I have slowly been working through this one when she comes over. The campaign is fun for co-op, but the missions are a bit repetitive. Missions could be cut in half and be a lot more enjoyable. I imagine it's an issue that gets better as the series goes on. The music has been a nice surprise so far, very well done.

Baba Is You - Playing this one intermittently. Very smart puzzle design that makes me feel very dumb.

Professor Layton and the Curious Village - Playing this on mobile, almost exclusively when I'm working night shifts. Made some good progress this week, on chapter 3 now (I believe there's 10 or so).
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I've got a few things going on.

SteamWorld Heist- Got this on sale for Switch, played it back when it came out though. Still a great game and I like how interwoven the DLC is into the main campaign.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna a Golden Country - Big fan of XC2, a few hours in and I'm enjoying the prequel. The visuals are sub par like the original, and the voice acting a little stilted. Battle system has some cool changes and is picking up much quicker than the original. Really like the nee music.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Slowly playing through on Game Pass after dropping it for a couple months. Still fun, game looks really good compared to the last game.

Wolfenstien The New Order - Also started playing on Game Pass. I don't know if I'll stick with it though. It's fun, but there are so many games on Game Pass it's hard to stick with a game that's not amazing. I do really want to play through the sequel though.
Kanti3000
Initiate

Post by Kanti3000 »

I mostly just play mobile games these days, so the Switch has been a Godsend.

Currently, I'm playing through Resident Evil 4 on Switch. I probably shouldn't have given Capcom the money considering they are overcharging and there are no gyro controls, but man it's a portable RE4. The game runs great in handheld mode and is as good as ever. It's probably a game I could play blindfolded. I don't mind the lack of gyro controls, but I can see how that'd be an issue for people. I'd like to get Resident Evil 0 and the REmake, but unlike RE4 I don't think it's worth the $30 price point.

Also playing lots and lots of Enter the Gungeon. I'm a big fan of dungeon crawler roguelike style games like Binding of Issac and Dead Cells, so this is definitely scratching that itch. I'm terrible at it, but the gameplay loop is pretty fun so I don't mind. So far I've managed to make it to the endboss twice, but still can't manage to actually beat em.

Oh and lots and lots of Tetris 99. I'm obsessed with Tetris in all forms, and battle royale Tetris is genius and single-handedly justifies my switch online purchase. Good God people are good at Tetris though.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kanti3000 wrote: 25 May 2019 01:32 Oh and lots and lots of Tetris 99. I'm obsessed with Tetris in all forms, and battle royale Tetris is genius and single-handedly justifies my switch online purchase. Good God people are good at Tetris though.
Battle royale Tetris was genius when TetriNET did it in 1998 and then Tetris 99 copied it. ;)

I feel like Clay and Vic can at least vouch that I'm no Tetris slouch from our Tetris vs. Puyo days, but I get killed by some of the maniacs out there in the wild. It's a great game for that eye-opening experience.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

My girlfriend loves Tetris 99. Her Switch was just a Splatoon machine until she played Tetris 99, now she plays both equally. She was pretty meh on Tetris before, preferring puyo puyo, but the competitive aspect set her over the edge.
Kanti3000
Initiate

Post by Kanti3000 »

Never heard of TetriNET, what a cool looking thing! Man, I missed out on some cool early internet stuff. My switch is mostly a Splatoon and Tetris machine as well. I love Tetris vs. Puyo, but for some reason, I just can't get a grasp on Puyo pop. I'm awful at it, so I just keep it set to Tetris. If anyone wants to play a versus game let me know! I don't like to brag, but I'm not too shabby at Tetris.

Also recently picked my 3DS back up. Been playing ALOT Of Pocket Card jockey. It's such a fun weird concept that I wish was on mobile, because it's a great time waster.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kanti3000 wrote: 26 May 2019 21:12 Never heard of TetriNET, what a cool looking thing! Man, I missed out on some cool early internet stuff. My switch is mostly a Splatoon and Tetris machine as well. I love Tetris vs. Puyo, but for some reason, I just can't get a grasp on Puyo pop. I'm awful at it, so I just keep it set to Tetris. If anyone wants to play a versus game let me know! I don't like to brag, but I'm not too shabby at Tetris.
My copy is on PS4 or I would take you up on the offer. :) I'm like you, I'm trash at Puyo. Just can't wrap my head around it.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Hmm. I've been playing some games.

Mortal Kombat 11 (PS4) - This has been my focus the past month and change. I participated in my first MK tournament in Atlanta last weekend and went 1-2. Which is great! I didn't go 0-2! Hoping to have some fun with the game at Evo as well, where I'll also be participating in...

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch) - This hit the backburner big time when MK came out. The sad truth is that with all my years devoted to the craft of Smash, I'll have to spend almost all my multiplayer time between now and Evo training for MK to be even half as good as I am at Smash Ultimate. Which is okay! I'm having a good time with both and will continue to.

Klassic MK (Arcade) - I also beat MK 1-3 for the first time ever on the PS3 arcade collection. I've owned those games in some form or another for probably over half my life, but only recently finally beat their arcade ladders. Good fun.

The Death and Return of Superman (SNES) - Just finished this one. This game is okay. I've been trying to consume some more Man of Steel content lately, and (unfortunately) this game is among his better entries. Very flawed in predictable ways for a 90s beat-em-up, but I at least saw it through to the end. Now I guess I'll have to read the comic arc, which I also hear mixed things about.

Shadows of the Damned (360) - Dug this out a couple weeks ago before Suda51 returned to Atlanta's MomoCon, but I was largely distracted by the fighting games above. Going to try to knock this out. So far, it's just all right. The more games I play of his that aren't No More Heroes, the more I realize that maybe I'm more a fan of that series than of his work in general. And that's okay! Anyway, I'll finish it off and make a final judgment once I've beaten it.
Kong Wen wrote: 25 May 2019 03:45 I feel like Clay and Vic can at least vouch that I'm no Tetris slouch from our Tetris vs. Puyo days, but I get killed by some of the maniacs out there in the wild. It's a great game for that eye-opening experience.
Can vouch! I generally do pretty well at Tetris 99 (although my best finish is still 🥈😩), so I infer from that that I'm at least an above average Tetris player, and you're very convincingly better than I.

Would still be down to jump back on PuyoTet some time. It's been awhile, but it's great fun.
You got BOOST power!