What are you playing right now?

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote: 04 Jul 2018 13:52 Surviving Mars - Picked this one up just two days before it went on sale. Whatever, I'm not MAD ABOUT IT OR ANYTHING. But it's a goodun, so the salt stings but is delicious. Sim City on Mars isn't entirely accurate but it's as apt a comparative description as we're going to get, so I'm using it. These are always sandbox games so it's nice to see the game has a host of stories (mysteries) you can decide to include in your game files - more than a dozen of them - and so far they're pretty neat. If Sim City on Mars sounds good to you then I would recommend this to you because Sim City on Mars sounded good to me and it turns out it's pretty good.
Sony's live chat customer support is really good. I bet they'd price protect it for you. They can see when you bought the game and when it went on sale. And you don't have to wait in a hold queue and talk to someone on the phone! I chatted with them a couple weeks ago to get a refund on a game I bought not realizing that it was a different "edition" of a game I already had.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Kong Wen wrote: 04 Jul 2018 13:58
VictorViper wrote: 04 Jul 2018 13:52 Surviving Mars - Picked this one up just two days before it went on sale. Whatever, I'm not MAD ABOUT IT OR ANYTHING. But it's a goodun, so the salt stings but is delicious. Sim City on Mars isn't entirely accurate but it's as apt a comparative description as we're going to get, so I'm using it. These are always sandbox games so it's nice to see the game has a host of stories (mysteries) you can decide to include in your game files - more than a dozen of them - and so far they're pretty neat. If Sim City on Mars sounds good to you then I would recommend this to you because Sim City on Mars sounded good to me and it turns out it's pretty good.
Sony's live chat customer support is really good. I bet they'd price protect it for you. They can see when you bought the game and when it went on sale. And you don't have to wait in a hold queue and talk to someone on the phone! I chatted with them a couple weeks ago to get a refund on a game I bought not realizing that it was a different "edition" of a game I already had.
On it. Will update with results.

[EDIT] $23 secured. Thanks for the heads up about the chat, Kong. Visions of dial-a-moron had me cutting my losses. Had to put the screws to the guy after he tried to nitpick over $3 but my reasoning is strong. Also my purchase history is likely deeply compelling... :shock:
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I finished Nioh. This is one of the best games I've ever played. In my opinion, it is the best game KOEI Tecmo has made. I've still been doing post-game stuff. There is an incredible amount of content in the post-game/dlc.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Jordan wrote: 11 Aug 2018 20:42 I finished Nioh. This is one of the best games I've ever played. In my opinion, it is the best game KOEI Tecmo has made. I've still been doing post-game stuff. There is an incredible amount of content in the post-game/dlc.
I definitely need to give this one a try sometime. Long overdue.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Jordan wrote: 11 Aug 2018 20:42 I finished Nioh. This is one of the best games I've ever played. In my opinion, it is the best game KOEI Tecmo has made. I've still been doing post-game stuff. There is an incredible amount of content in the post-game/dlc.
I’m looking forward to digging into it more. It struck me as an enormous game with deep, solid gameplay. Glad to hear your accolades.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Shit Jordan, you may have just pushed this game to the top of my PS4 queue for attention once I'm done with Redacted.

For now, I'm focusing on that. When I don't have as much time between errands or while lying in bed, I have a glut of portable goodness. I've just beaten WarioWare Gold and Holedown, but I plan on completing them in the coming days. I also have Picross S2 on the go on Switch, and I've heard Picross e9 is supposed to be coming west soon.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Octopath Traveler - I've been loving this game. Mechanics wise, it's not majorly different from other classic JRPG's, one might even argue the combat offers less options than the devs previous series, Bravely Default. Even so, the systems all work really well together and make for a great experience. I think the story might turn people off - those that want a standard cohesive story opposed to 8 separate stories. I like the individual stories though, and I've actually been surprised with how much heart goes into a lot of the side characters. I've just finished chapter 4 for H'aanit my starter character, so now I can compose my party of any 4 characters. Otherwise I have a few chapter 3's to finish, and then all chapter 4's to go.

Okami HD - Good to be playing this game again. I actually just wanted to dabble in it and then go back to Octopath Traveler but now I've put 6 hours into the game over the last few days, so we'll see how it goes. The beginning of the game is a bit slow, but it's great once it gets going.

Enter the Gungeon - Bought the game on sale, but I don't think I'll make a whole lot of progress in it. I like the mechanics, but the fact that I'm not making constant progress makes me want to go back to other games I can actually see myself finishing. I think I'll play this one here and there, but never really get invested in it.

Splatoon 2
- Always playing! Had a few rounds with Kreegs recently which has got me playing Turf War again.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I’ve been playing Outlast almost exclusively lately. I’m hoping to get the last gold trophy, Lunatic, for beating it in the hardest mode. I’m cautiously optimistic I can pull it off.

I occassionally boot God of War and Shining Force as well. These three are my go-to’s presently.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I recently started the Sequence [2] on iOS. Got this game as I enjoyed playing/beating [the Sequence]. It's a nice puzzle game that's kind of like programming. Maybe I schould get back to Space-Chem at some point, never beat that game but enjoyed the concept. Same goes for perfect-paths.
Grt. Merlin

Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. Trying out valor style for some weapons I never really played before, such as gunlance and charge blade.