E3 Mega Thread 2016

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

E3 Mega Thread 2016

Post by SkyPikachu »

It's E3 time again so Mega Thread time.

What are you hoping to see at E3?
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: E3 Mega Thread 2016

Post by SkyPikachu »

Release dates for
  • Kingdom Hearts 3
  • South Park Fractured But Whole
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Legend of Zelda (Unless it's the same date as the NX?)
I also want to see
  • I want to see 5-10 new IP that aren't shooters.
  • I'd love for Nintendo to surprise me at their treehouse but I'm 99.99% sure that won't happen.
  • I do really want Nintendo to announce when they'll be unavailing the NX as I just want to be able to look forward to something from the big N.
  • I'd love to see companies release timed e3 game demos to the public so we can experience the games like all the journalists can at e3.
I'm honestly pissed at Nintendo right now for skipping out on E3. (Here's a mini rant I posted on another site about E3 skipping out on E3)
I bought a Wii in 2010 after watching Nintendo's E3 I thought it was a console full of kiddy games and family games and E3 convinced me otherwise as it's the one time of the year I pay attention.

This time two years ago I was going into e3 going.
  1. Sony need to convince me to buy a PS4.
  2. I hope Nintendo announce some cool 3DS games.
  3. I'm not interested in the XBone or Wii U.
Nintendo 2014 e3 direct sold me the Wii U by their performance at E3. Had nintendo not been at E3 in 2014 I probably wouldn't have a Wii U I wouldn't have looked elsewhere for Wii U news or anything.

I go into e3 thinking alright company convince me to buy your shit this is the one time of the year I'll give you more than 2 minutes of my time.
Sony fell short in 2014 to sell me the PS4 but 2015's conference had me saying I'll buy it for sure in 2016 (which I have done).

I feel like Nintendo's losing out hugely because of this and honestly I may never buy a NX if they don't show up for E3 2017.

Why should I buy your product if you're not going to make the effort and convince me it's worth my money. Especially after the Wii U hasn't lasted very long.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

This will make my last day of teaching for the year go by very quickly!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Not hoping for anything as I never pay attention to the E3 while it's happening. Will read about Nintendos effort afterwards. Guess there will be some Zelda U news and another Federation Force ballgame contest with some other games like last year. Maybe they'll put a spotlight on some Mario Maker level creators that are popular? Whatever, I'll read about it afterwards. That will be next week I guess.
Grt. Merlin

SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 E3 Trailer.

"Kingdom Hearts III upcoming announcements this winter."
Hope this doesn't mean no announcements at E3.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Yeah, not very excited for E3 this year. I don't mind that NX won't be there, I think it's a bit early still. Would have been fine if they showed it though. 3 of the 5 games they are showing have already been released in Japan and have plenty of info online, so I don't imagine I'll be watching much of the treehouse.

I'm actually most excited for rumoured PS4 remasters like the Batman Collection, Red Dead Redemption and Skyrim. These are games I mostly missed out on.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

My main hope is that the Zodiac Job System is optional. I'm glad it's included, because we didn't get to play it before, but it's kind of wacky, so it'll be nice to be able to choose. Given that we can toggle the new and original soundtracks, this might not be out of the question.

Destiny: Rise of Iron

Bungie has a reveal stream scheduled for tomorrow, so we may see more at E3, or they may be clearing their schedule to say something about Destiny 2. I'm leaning towards the former.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I don't know why I got excited for EA's press conference. I told my friend EA will be 50% sport 49% shooters and 1% possibly something good.

What surprised me the most was they announced 1 game.

Titanfall 2: Just another shooter.
Madden 17: Yep it's NFL same as last year
Mass Effect: Not a fan of the series but it looked cool
FIFA 17: Yep it's soccer
Fe: Omfg it looks amazing
Star Wars: I fastforwarded this as it looked like tons of boring talking
Battlefield 1: Pew pew shooter 2016

The charities they're supporting are a fuckinh joke.

So to wrap up EA what I got from your conference was you have nothing new to show us other than reboots but you're going to take credit for Fe but let's be realistic it's not a game you'll be putting much money towards to support.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Wasn't expecting much from Bethesda and was about what I expected. Skyrim remastered at the right price is going to be nice considering I haven't played it.

Quake isn't my thing but that blue haired girl looked wicked.

Never played Fallout so none of the Fallout stuff interests me.

Prey looks to fps and scary for my liking.

Dishonored 2 looked good but it's far to slow paced for me.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Skyrim remastered is cool, haven't heard about that. I put (only) 50 hours into Skyrim as I had borrowed it from a friend. I'm sure I could pick it up again and still feel pretty fresh. I don't think I had made it very far west of the mountains, spent a lot of time in the North.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons