E3 Mega Thread 2016

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: E3 Mega Thread 2016

Post by Kong Wen »

Skyrim remastered coming to PS4/X1 this fall, yay, but the interesting news is that they'll support PC mods. ?!?! That sounds crazy.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote:Skyrim remastered coming to PS4/X1 this fall, yay, but the interesting news is that they'll support PC mods. ?!?! That sounds crazy.
Anyone that owns the PC legendary version or bought all the DLC they get the remastered for free. But PS XB users have to buy it again... Which is annoying as I could buy Skyrim legendary for $20 right now on PS3.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:Skyrim remastered coming to PS4/X1 this fall, yay, but the interesting news is that they'll support PC mods. ?!?! That sounds crazy.
Anyone that owns the PC legendary version or bought all the DLC they get the remastered for free. But PS XB users have to buy it again... Which is annoying as I could buy Skyrim legendary for $20 right now on PS3.
I think the big thing is that console users are getting it on a different console entirely with more content than before. PC gamers are getting essentially the same game on the same hardware.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

So Sony just blew EA, Bethesda and Ubisoft out of the water. From peoples reactions on PC Gamer and Microsoft they also blew them out of the water too but I didn't watch it much.

Anyway my opinion on Sonys conference. (I'll do one for Microsoft and Ubi later)

First up I can't explain how happy I was with the little talking there was. They showed so much stuff that it literally couldn't remember what was what at the end because of the sheer amount of content. I only care about the games anyway I don't need you make jokes (Ubisoft...) or talking about the game for ages (EA...).

It had the in your face approach that the nintendo directs had but had that spectacular atmosphere that the directs never had. A+

God of war - I never really got into this series but I remember liking it a little. I think I may have to check this new one out considering how it's a new spin of the regular series.

Days gone - Sick of zombies.

The Last Guardian - Yay a release date (October 25th 2016) not really fussed about how they showed so little footage.

Horizon Zero Dawn - I really hope they ease us into the weapons and everything as it looked really confusing. Other than that the games not brown which is fantastic.

Detroit becomes human, Res Evil 7 & Anything VR - Not my thing

Final Fantasy XV - I'm confused is the 30th of September release date for the full game or some VR knock off?

Call of Duty IW - Umm that was CoD? Really? It looked good and not shit I might buy it if the Singleplayer gets good write ups. (Don't care about MW)

Crash Bandicoot 1-3 Remastered - They could have handled this better I think everyone was expecting Crash 4 nonetheless this is wicked I hope they fix the save feature in the first game as I'm literally stuck having to beat 3 levels that I super suck at in the first game which has totally turned me off it. IGN were talking about how they think Sonys trying to make Crash Relevant again before releasing a new game thus putting out the remasters and putting him in Skylanders.

Lego Stars Wars TFA - Shocked they showed this.

Death Stranding - No fucking idea what this is so no opinion yet.

Spiderman PS4 - Considering it's being made by Insomniac this could be really good.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Man, now that I've been able to catch up, I'm pretty excited for this day of E3.

Microsoft had some cool stuff. Customizable controllers is neat, but probably obscenely expensive. ReCore looks even better than it did last year. I'm a big Dead Rising fan, so seeing the trailer for 4 is exciting. PC cross play is also a *very* interesting feature, and one that may see me buying Xbox games to play on my PC. Gets me the physical copy while also enabling me to play on the best possible platform. A win/win, if you ask me.

Sony also came out swinging. Haven't fully caught up on them yet, but I'm very, very interested in Spider-Man. Insomniac is a solid developer, and Spidey is my favorite Marvel hero. This is not to mention the great fun I had with the Spider-Man 1/2 licensed games from the Toby Maguire trilogy. Really hoping they can capture the magic of the web slinger. Also exciting to see Crash Bandicoot back, and of course it's great to see Kojima back in action.

Overall, honestly a pretty exciting day. Solid E3 after I came away mostly unenthused after last year's.

I will say that I'm completely deflated about this 4K semi-generation we're closing in on. Never been a fan of frequent hardware upgrades, and this is no exception. Makes me feel burned for having bought a launch Xbox One, and now I have no reason to buy a PS4 until the Neo comes out. No great software can justify buying lame duck hardware. Pretty annoying trend.
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Yeah Recore and Sea of Theives look sweet. Would buy if I had the platforms. Spider-man, Horizon and The Last Gaurdian look neat on PS4. And holy molly the VR support!
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

So considering how little of the Microsoft/PC Gamer/Ubi stuff I liked I'll bundle it all together.

Forza Horizon 3 - This game looked pretty cool but I can't see myself eiter buying an XBone/getting Windows 10 for this or paying $60 for it.

Final Fantasy XV - I liked X so I'm interested in the series but I honestly had no blood idea what was happening in the gameplay.

Inside - The game looked empty and felt boring even though I adored Limbo. I really hope I'm wrong.

Sea of Thieves - Something about this game seemed off to me.

Project Scorpio - I like the Idea of doing the whole thing apple does with their iphones and make one each year (or every few years) but I think it was a stupid PR move to announce it now. I'm guessing Xbox just had nothing else to show unlike Sony who just loaded their conference with games. Also saying it will be the most powerful console means nothing without knowing the Neo or NX specs.

South Park The Fractured But Whole - Releases the day before my birthday looks like it's just more amazing goodness.

Grow Up - Looks fun going to try Grow Home first.

Steep - I like the idea I hope they do well I find the concept boring though.

Overall I'd rate the current conferences as following.

1. Sony. Out classed everyone with a massive lineup of good games. Easily the nicest conference to watch considering its length and how they went straight to the point.

2. Microsoft. Honestly there's a huge gap between Sony and Microsoft but the other conferences were just utter shit. Microsoft announced a fair amount of stuff and they gave XBone owners what they wanted.

3. Bethesda. They announced what people wanted and showed people what they wanted. To me it was boring but far better than the 3 below.

4. Ubisoft. The conference was like 2 hours I heard. The host is so annoying and I just wanted them to get on with it. Had they shortened the conference I'd have rated this above Bethesda.

5. PC Gamer. Have not watch but rating it higher than EA as I'm sure it was far more interesting than pew pew shooter 2016 and sports ball 2017.

6. EA. Sigh.

I'm hoping tomorrow I can say Nintendo steals 3rd place off Bethesda but I have low hopes. Nintendo would have to come out and be like LOL TRICKED YOU WE'RE ACTUALLY AT E3 and announce some amazing titles to even complete with Sony/Microsofts performance.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Spider-Man on PS4 by Insomniac is very promising.

XCOM 2 is coming to PS4 and X1. It was previously PC-only... apparently they just needed more time to hammer out the console control scheme? Anyway, I'm glad I waited, now!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:Spider-Man on PS4 by Insomniac is very promising.

XCOM 2 is coming to PS4 and X1. It was previously PC-only... apparently they just needed more time to hammer out the console control scheme? Anyway, I'm glad I waited, now!
Neat!
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

So Nintendo conference started at 2am Australia. I stayed up to watch it.

They started out fantastically surprising me by paying respect to Christina Grimmie as well as the Orlando attack. Mass respect for that!

Then the Zelda trailer was amazing and the title Breath of the Wild (I keep saying Breath of the wind O.o) sounds good.

Then it all went down hill. Nintendo remember why everyone loved Sony's conference and hated Ubisofts? Because there was no talking! I waited for about 15 minutes for anything new in Pokemon Sun and Moon then gave up and went to bed. Seriously it was draining watching them talk and how slow the translation was why couldn't you show gameplay straight away?

I then caught up on everything else when I woke up. Pokemon looked good nothing amazing just good.

Zelda on the other hand. HOLY SHIT BALLS! E3 GoTY. It looks fantastic. I only watch the first gameplay session and I am already sold I don't want to watch anything else and have other stuff spoiled I want this to be a grand adventure of me discovering new things.

Anyone I'm no where near caught up on the other stuff announced today but Nintendo surprised me a lot with how great Zelda looks but still feel like I'm wanting more regarding other content and you guys need to convince me to buy a NX and With Just Dance and Zelda I can't see myself putting down money for it yet.