Mini-NES

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Re: Mini-NES

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

Take this for what it is but over on the Racketboy Forums a Finnish user has been in contact with Bergsala who have worked with Nintendo on it's Scandinavian output for decades.

They appear to be confirming that ALL games on the European release WILL be the US 60hz versions.

At the moment this is still sort of the equivilent of a cab driver telling you what the famous person he had in the back of his taxi said...but it is promising.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

I'm considering jumping on this. The only problem I have is there's no hockey whatsoever, but a lot of other fantastic games. Despite having 10 less actual games than the Sega Genesis third party system series, this seems to be the best!
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

kitroplious wrote:I'm considering jumping on this. The only problem I have is there's no hockey whatsoever, but a lot of other fantastic games. Despite having 10 less actual games than the Sega Genesis third party system series, this seems to be the best!
Quick derail for a contentious opinion: NES Hockey is a WAY better game than Blades of Steel.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

kitroplious wrote:I'm considering jumping on this. The only problem I have is there's no hockey whatsoever, but a lot of other fantastic games. Despite having 10 less actual games than the Sega Genesis third party system series, this seems to be the best!
At least with Nintendo they would put more quality control over the audio emulation that what AtGames did with there Sega consoles.
8 years later only produced on how the audio sound, not actually fix it up.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I must be missing something, because I haven't seen a single indication that this is coming out in Canada. I haven't seen it at any of the retailers I usually check. Maybe they're all a bunch of slackers and they're not putting them up until they have stock?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:I must be missing something, because I haven't seen a single indication that this is coming out in Canada. I haven't seen it at any of the retailers I usually check. Maybe they're all a bunch of slackers and they're not putting them up until they have stock?
It hasn't been available for pre-order anywhere in North America. Seems like NOA isn't doing any in store marketing at all as of yet. I think it comes out in 2 weeks or so but I have no idea. Kind of sounds like a low stock situation.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:I must be missing something, because I haven't seen a single indication that this is coming out in Canada. I haven't seen it at any of the retailers I usually check. Maybe they're all a bunch of slackers and they're not putting them up until they have stock?
It hasn't been available for pre-order anywhere in North America. Seems like NOA isn't doing any in store marketing at all as of yet. I think it comes out in 2 weeks or so but I have no idea. Kind of sounds like a low stock situation.
It was supposed to come out on November 11th, but I'm not sure if that's still the date or not. It might just be a "show up in store and hope the employees aren't hoarding the few units they get for themselves" kind of situation.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

If I get this, it might be a random chance encounter with my relatively small Target nearby.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Looks like this is coming back in 2018. Word is the SNES Classic will continue production through 2018 as well. We may have hope yet!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

If I can easily pick up a NES mini this time, I think I might. I want it more for the novelty aspect than the games, so we'll see.

Too bad for the people that bought the super inflated scalper priced ones when Nintendo announced they were discontinuing it.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons