Pokémon GO

A place to discuss mobile gaming across all tablet and smartphone platforms, including Android, iOS, and Windows.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: Pokémon GO

Post by SkyPikachu »

I deleted the app a month after it came out just because I’m never on my phone while I’m out walking due to having dogs. Does the game still require you to walk around a ton while on your phone or can you now play at home?
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Slurmee wrote: 30 Jun 2018 16:54 I deleted the app a month after it came out just because I’m never on my phone while I’m out walking due to having dogs. Does the game still require you to walk around a ton while on your phone or can you now play at home?
Play at home was always an option, but some game features require walking. With android you can cheat walking with an app (don't know what it's called), just as long as you dan't get caught cheating. My brother and nephew have been all over the world this way.
And you don't have to be on your phone while walking, just start the app before you go walking and put the game on battery save mode. This assuming you have an internet connection while walking. Walking is good for hatching eggs and collecting candy with a buddy. Catching Pokémon can be done at home. Pokéstops and gyms may require some traveling.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

If anyone is still playing this (and even if you're not :twisted: ), one of the steps in the Celebi quest is to add 3 new friends. So if you don't mind adding me as a friend, my code is:

9352 9037 2506
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Kong Wen wrote: 30 Aug 2018 13:49 If anyone is still playing this (and even if you're not :twisted: ), one of the steps in the Celebi quest is to add 3 new friends. So if you don't mind adding me as a friend, my code is:

9352 9037 2506
Haven't seen that quest yet, and I already have added you ;)

Field quests (the ones with 'stamps') are stuck on doing raids, I don't have/make time for those.
Grt. Merlin

VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Giving my girl the heads up for you Kong.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote: 31 Aug 2018 00:26 Giving my girl the heads up for you Kong.
I got the quest with a couple locals, so if she does want to add me (she's welcome to!) it might be best for her to wait until she's at that quest step.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Now that Let's Go is out on Switch, if anyone is planning on supporting their Pokémon experience by picking this back up again, add me as a friend! Thanks to actually having IRL friends who play and make this a nice social gaming experience, I've been active all this time. :)
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

We'll see how it goes, but I'm not expecting let's go to push me back towards this game! I still enjoy it once in a while though.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Not going to play any "Let's Go" games, but I am still playing Pokémon Go .. or at least I'm trying to catch one each day for the streak bonus. Got a Pokéstop near where I lunch at work, but it's not always giving me gifts to send to friends.

Anyone using the adventure sync? It doesn't work as I expected it would on iOS. If turned on it has to be able to read and write health data (I only allowed steps and walking distance), but I thought it would only have to read this data. Also when turned on I always get a message about turning bluetooth on for accessories. Because of this I'm not using adventure sync.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I have Adventure Sync on and it works quite well for walking without having the game open. Usually if I'm walking a long distance I'll also have the game out to spin stops and catch monsters, but if I'm not going to be actively playing, I shut it down and just let it track distance for me in the background. Very nice. I got 4km (including 4 candies and 2 eggs hatched) just while mowing my lawn.