Pokémon GO

A place to discuss mobile gaming across all tablet and smartphone platforms, including Android, iOS, and Windows.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Pokémon GO

Post by The Shoemaker »

Caught a Kadabra at university today, that was a nice surprise! Funny because catching it brought me up to the exact number of candies I needed to evolve an Abra.

They updated the game to include buddy Pokemon now, where you can select a Pokemon to be your buddy and earn candy for walking with them. Seems like a nice way to grind up extra candy for those Pokemon that need a lot but you've caught few of. Will be walking with Magicarp for months I'm sure.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:They updated the game to include buddy Pokemon now, where you can select a Pokemon to be your buddy and earn candy for walking with them. Seems like a nice way to grind up extra candy for those Pokemon that need a lot but you've caught few of. Will be walking with Magicarp for months I'm sure.
Living on the coast, I see a lot of Magikarp. I made my starter (Charmander) my buddy, because I don't think I've ever seen one besides the one I started with. So I think I need something like 375 km walked with him to get enough candy to evolve a Charizard! :laughing-tears-emoji: But it's a nice little progress bar that you can look at.

I walked ~5.5 km to spaghetti night last night and hatched 4 eggs (Exeggcute, Bulbasaur, Abra, Ekans). Also found a wild Snorlax on the way, first one I've ever seen, but his CP was only 670.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:They updated the game to include buddy Pokemon now, where you can select a Pokemon to be your buddy and earn candy for walking with them. Seems like a nice way to grind up extra candy for those Pokemon that need a lot but you've caught few of. Will be walking with Magicarp for months I'm sure.
Living on the coast, I see a lot of Magikarp. I made my starter (Charmander) my buddy, because I don't think I've ever seen one besides the one I started with. So I think I need something like 375 km walked with him to get enough candy to evolve a Charizard! :laughing-tears-emoji: But it's a nice little progress bar that you can look at.

I walked ~5.5 km to spaghetti night last night and hatched 4 eggs (Exeggcute, Bulbasaur, Abra, Ekans). Also found a wild Snorlax on the way, first one I've ever seen, but his CP was only 670.
Those are pretty good hatches! Never seen a wild Snorlax, but I did hatch my first one the other day with a cp of 1800, easily my highest so far.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:I walked ~5.5 km to spaghetti night last night and hatched 4 eggs (Exeggcute, Bulbasaur, Abra, Ekans). Also found a wild Snorlax on the way, first one I've ever seen, but his CP was only 670.
Those are pretty good hatches! Never seen a wild Snorlax, but I did hatch my first one the other day with a cp of 1800, easily my highest so far.
Yeah I needed all those hatches! Over lunch today I hatched a Mankey. I'm jealous of your Snorlax though. The one I found was the only high-tier guy I've ever seen in the wild. I've hatched four 10 km eggs: Eevee x 2 and Electabuzz x 2. :x
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:I walked ~5.5 km to spaghetti night last night and hatched 4 eggs (Exeggcute, Bulbasaur, Abra, Ekans). Also found a wild Snorlax on the way, first one I've ever seen, but his CP was only 670.
Yeah I needed all those hatches! Over lunch today I hatched a Mankey. I'm jealous of your Snorlax though. The one I found was the only high-tier guy I've ever seen in the wild. I've hatched four 10 km eggs: Eevee x 2 and Electabuzz x 2. :x
Man that's pretty bad luck, I've probably done 8 10k eggs and each time it has been something new I've never found before. Eevee hatches hurt even more considering how common they are!

I've been using the buddy system on my Ponyta, but I have a feeling I've been accidentally using stardust on it to raise its cp, since it's gone up by over 100 points now and I've gone down like 12 candies, so that's disappointing :p
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

From now until Halloween it's easier to catch spooky Pokemon! This morning I've caught several haunter and ghastly's, cubone's too! I know drowsie and global will be more common as well.

Also, your buddy Pokemon will earn candy 4x as fast!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:Also, your buddy Pokemon will earn candy 4x as fast!
This is pretty huge. That's under 1km per Charmander candy.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Also, your buddy Pokemon will earn candy 4x as fast!
This is pretty huge. That's under 1km per Charmander candy.
It really is, 0.75 km per 3 km Pokemon. I've received several candies today alone.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Looks like Pidgey, rattata and zubat will be less common from now on. Pidgey and Rattata also won't hatch from 2K eggs anymore.

https://www.facebook.com/PokemonGO/post ... 2429106315

Also seems like Eevee hatches in 5km, not 10km eggs anymore.

Niantic also mentioned recently that they will be adding in daily rewards for playing the game.

As for myself, after the Halloween event my Pokedex is sitting at 91 unique Pokemon.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I fear it's too little too late for GO at this point. The fad is over and even the hardcore players have stopped playing. Daily rewards might bring some people back—maybe—but even then, what for? Stardust? Stardust that the average player can't really use for anything?

I think the only thing that can get the game back on people's radars is to tread water until spring, then launch a big update with 150 more poker men in the spring, when people are venturing outdoors again.