AM2R

A place to discuss PC gaming, including software, client platforms such as Galaxy, Origin, Steam, and Uplay, and hardware like Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

AM2R

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Has anyone tried Another Metroid 2 Remake?
On august 6th (Metroids 30th anniversary) v1.0 was released that I was able to play using a wine client. Keyboard controls are a bit of a pain to use with the aiming, etc., but other than that the game looks good. Will have to try to get further into the game...

[edit]
Link: http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/
[/edit]
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: AM2R

Post by Kong Wen »

Are you saying it has no controller support?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

No, that's not what I'm saying .. only that keyboard controls are a pain. There is full controller support for 'native' controllers, the game opens with a note that it's best played with a controller. But I don't have one that would work.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I read it on the Metroid Database forum where the note was posted. Downloaded it from that mirror before it went down (apparently). Guess the attorny (Brian Sniffen) was just waiting for this to happen. Same company took out a lot of other fan made productions...

[edit]
Why didn't they try to take this down before? This game is long in the making and there were playable demos with the same material out already. Only when MDb hosted the full version of the game, they filed this notice..
[/edit]
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:I read it on the Metroid Database forum where the note was posted. Downloaded it from that mirror before it went down (apparently). Guess the attorny (Brian Sniffen) was just waiting for this to happen. Same company took out a lot of other fan made productions...

[edit]
Why didn't they try to take this down before? This game is long in the making and there were playable demos with the same material out already. Only when MDb hosted the full version of the game, they filed this notice..
[/edit]
Probably because there was nothing to cease and desist until the product was made widely available, or something like that.

Looks like I'll be begging someone to email me a copy of the game when I get home from work... :lol:
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Interesting read. I think because MDb is "based" in US that they had to take the files down. The other 3 download links are still up, one of them a Google drive torrent.
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

All the download links were removed yesterday, but the game still got to many fans so it's out there.
As for progress: I got past the jumpball boss and proceeded to the next area. Now I'm facing another statue boss that I haven't even seen half the battle of (this one).
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:All the download links were removed yesterday, but the game still got to many fans so it's out there.
As for progress: I got past the jumpball boss and proceeded to the next area. Now I'm facing another statue boss that I haven't even seen half the battle of (this one).
There was a torrent, too, so as long as that's still floating around, it'll be possible to get via P2P.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Kong Wen wrote:There was a torrent, too, so as long as that's still floating around, it'll be possible to get via P2P.
The "official" torrent was Google Drive, but others are spreading the game (though maybe with a different name).
Grt. Merlin