Super Mario Run

A place to discuss mobile gaming across all tablet and smartphone platforms, including Android, iOS, and Windows.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: Super Mario Run

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

The Shoemaker wrote:If anyone wants to add me to their game my code is 4249 4586 56734

Doesn't matter if you have the free or paid version!
Does it work with codes? Hadn't seen that yet. I'll add you when I get on my phone.

Did you link it to your NNID? I have never used the NNID on my phones, but I didn't have to login on it to connect. Maybe it used the facebook link?

As for the few free levels ... there're ok. It's a challenge to get the special coins, but I managed it for 1-1. Still don't think the full game is worth €9.99, but it sure has potential to be a fun game to pass the time.

[edit]
Your code is 1 digit too long.
Mine is: 5186-0081-0009
[/edit]
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:If anyone wants to add me to their game my code is 4249 4586 56734

Doesn't matter if you have the free or paid version!
Does it work with codes? Hadn't seen that yet. I'll add you when I get on my phone.

Did you link it to your NNID? I have never used the NNID on my phones, but I didn't have to login on it to connect. Maybe it used the facebook link?

As for the few free levels ... there're ok. It's a challenge to get the special coins, but I managed it for 1-1. Still don't think the full game is worth €9.99, but it sure has potential to be a fun game to pass the time.

[edit]
Your code is 1 digit too long.
Mine is: 5186-0081-0009
[/edit]
Whoops - 4249 4586 5634 - that should do it! But yeah, if you have your NNID connected to your facebook then you can just use that log in.

After quite a bit of time with the game, I do really enjoy it. It controls really well and I hope the new moves Mario has carries over to the new games. It's really satisfying pulling off stylish flips and tricks.

The main mode is all about the coins. 5 per level, once you find the 5 another set of 5 unlock followed by another set of 5 - each more difficult and change up the level design a bit.

Toad Rally is where it all comes together. A race against someone else ghost data to get the best score. It's all about grabbing coins, but really it's all about pulling off stylish moves. You need to be stylish so that you get all the bonus points at the end, as well as build up a meter for a coin rush to gather even more coins. Once it clicks it's a lot of fun.

Kingdom Builder ties it all together, taking the Toads you've earned in Toad Rally and the coins from both modes to build a little village. It's not much, but just enough to act as an intermission between levels.

I think the quality is up there, and if this had released on the eShop for $10 no one would blink twice. On mobile it's a harder sell, and I'm not sure if giving people 3 levels will be enough for them to understand. Granted they can still use the Kingdom Builder and play Toad Rally. I think a lot of people will play the three levels and not understand that the goal is not the flag pole, but playing the levels to the best of your ability.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

So, Mario Run got an update that adds a few new things, one of the little changes is that you can pause the game music to listen to your own, which causes the in game characters to wear headphones while playing.

This is actually kind of ironic, since the new mode they added probably has the most interesting and surprising music I've seen from a new super Mario bros-esc game. The level select theme is this upbeat guitar riff, and the level music is a combination of SMB, SMB2, SMB3, and NSMB all mixed into one song with a singing section in a similar vein to the Mario Odyssey song. And also when you get an invincibility star the music is the flying cap music from SM64. It's bizarre.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Yeah, I also noticed the music change. But beside that, the added play mode of 10 short continueus levels is quite fun. Played the first 4 zones, still waiting to find Daisy.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: 30 Sep 2017 05:13 Yeah, I also noticed the music change. But beside that, the added play mode of 10 short continueus levels is quite fun. Played the first 4 zones, still waiting to find Daisy.
I'm liking the mode as well, nice quick mode.

Have you tried the star world? I bought it on Apple, and I have android now so I don't have the full version, but the my Nintendo save carried over expect my ability to replay tour mode levels.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Haven't seen the star world. But I haven't beaten all the tour worlds yet, I'm at boss level of world 5.
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

As I've beaten world 6, I now have access to ⭐️-world. You have to unlock the levels by completing challenges. I've unlocked just one so far, but still have to play this new level.
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

As I already had the full game, I didn't take notice to the half price deal that was on since the 10 Remix launch. Just one day left on this deal, though some might still say $5 is too much for a mobile game.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: 11 Oct 2017 19:48 As I already had the full game, I didn't take notice to the half price deal that was on since the 10 Remix launch. Just one day left on this deal, though some might still say $5 is too much for a mobile game.
I've been debating double dipping now that I'm on android. Not sure if it's worth one new world, given that I found all the coins on the main world's. I have full access to toad rally and remix mode.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

The Shoemaker wrote: 12 Oct 2017 01:07
MerlinDrazziw wrote: 11 Oct 2017 19:48 As I already had the full game, I didn't take notice to the half price deal that was on since the 10 Remix launch. Just one day left on this deal, though some might still say $5 is too much for a mobile game.
I've been debating double dipping now that I'm on android. Not sure if it's worth one new world, given that I found all the coins on the main world's. I have full access to toad rally and remix mode.
Probably not worth double dipping. But if you didn't know: ⭐️-world has 9 levels that have to be unlocked by completing missions. Those missions can be quite challenging like the first one I completed: finish level 4-2 without defeating goombas. Anyway, ⭐️-world is a nice bonus for those with the full game, but I have more fun with playing Remix. So with full access to Remix, you have plenty to look forward to on your way to Daisy (area 30).
Grt. Merlin