Franchise Hockey Manager

A place to discuss PC gaming, including software, client platforms such as Galaxy, Origin, Steam, and Uplay, and hardware like Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Franchise Hockey Manager

Post by Kong Wen »

This game looks pretty cool. It's like all the best bits of the roster-building and coaching/management sections of the EA NHL hockey games but with the actual hockey playing stripped out, perfect for hockey fans who also love strategy games.

Has anyone played any sports management strategy games? I remember a lot of this kind of management-style strategy game on PC when I was a kid, but it seems like they're old PC standbys—the only kinds of strategy games that ever seem to make it to console are war-based. I guess a big part of that is how much reading and clicking these tend to involve.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Pluvius
Owner of Steam
Owner of Steam

Re: Franchise Hockey Manager

Post by Pluvius »

I used to love playing games like this. I still do, I just haven't played one in a long time.

I don't know about this specific game (though I apparently own the sequel), but since it's made by the Out of the Park guys it should be good. Another option is Eastside Hockey Manager, which is by the Football Manager people. Football Manager, of course, is by far the most popular sports management simulator. My guess is that Eastside would probably be more polished but less realistic than your game.

Rob