Halloween

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Halloween

Post by Kong Wen »

What did you all get up to for Halloween? I know we had some people dedicated to fervent avoidance of trick-or-treaters, which is itself a time-honoured Halloween pursuit. Others were handing out candy, and I'm sure some others were dressed up and out on the town themselves.

Have any costume pics?

Mrs. Kong and I stayed home and handed out candy to 15 trick-or-treaters. That's not very many, but it also happens to be our record.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: Halloween

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

We're not into Halloween here. There were some kids at the door last year, but not this year. We don't even prepare for it (have candy or something else ready to give) as most people in the area. Not all people even appreciate having kids at the door "trick or treating", so I guess Halloween only gets attention at schools or at special events.
Grt. Merlin

VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

We went to a concert where French people performed wearing berets. Spooky! I wore a Hawaiian shirt under a casual blazer with a baseball cap, so... we'll say I dressed up as Magnum P.I.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Had a small gathering last night, though I mostly studied. I kind of felt like Halloween already happened since I went to a Halloween party on the 15th. After debating between peanut butter and jelly, and Mario and Luigi as couples costumes, we went with last minute prisoner outfits that the girlfriend's parents wore when they were pregnant with her. So, a bit retro, you could say.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Happy Halloween, folks!

Sad Doberman had to watch our trick-or-treaters from behind the safety of her gate, but at least she dressed up as a cute little devil so her barking was extra scary.

While we apparently had 15 kids last year (our record), we only had 5 this year (our record low). That means I have a LOT of candy to eat over the next couple of weeks.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Being in an apartment this year means I had no kids... which also means I have no left over candy since I didn't get candy in the first place :down:
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons