Your 2016 Breakfast(s) of the Year!

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Your 2016 Breakfast(s) of the Year!

Post by Kong Wen »

Time to reflect on another year of breakfast! Figured this could be a place to to share your personal breakfast or breakfasts of the year, share any 2016 breakfast memories, etc.

I normally don't have many memorable breakfasts in any given year. I usually just have a banana and maybe a granola bar in the morning at work. On the weekends, I keep it simple with bacon and eggs, bagels, etc. This year had a couple of memorable moments for me, though, and I hope you all were able to enjoy some nice breakfasts as well.

Kong's 2016 Breakfasts of the Year

1. Back in July, I made a pretty nice omelette for myself. Two eggs beaten with a splash of milk, fried up with lots of real butter, cubed ham, diced red and green peppers, and old cheddar.

2. Just a couple of weeks ago, at our hotel in Frankfurt (the first stop on our trip), we had been expecting the kind of uninspired "continental" breakfast that cheap North American hotels use to save money. Well, Germany proved us wrong and set the stage for the rest of a great vacation. There was a nice buffet of fresh fruit and all different kinds of breads and cheeses. I stocked up my plate, quite content, before realizing there was a whole other room, resplendent with hot breakfasts! Bacon, sausages, ham, eggs in a variety of styles! Some great pastries as well. Definitely a breakfast highlight of 2016.

3. I'm not going to lie, a few days ago, I definitely had a full turkey dinner for breakfast. Turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, cranberries, the whole works. I went back to bed afterwards.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Re: Your 2016 Breakfast(s) of the Year!

Post by Sharecrow »

Mine had to be a bowl of Honeysmacks, which I had on my first morning of my own house.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I went to a restaurant called Cora's for my girlfriends birthday this year. It's a specialty breakfast place and it was goooood. Lots of fresh fruit everywhere, classic bacon and eggs and great pancakes.

Breakfast is always my favourite meal. If a restaurant offers breakfast at any time of the day, in most cases I'm going to choose the breakfast. Call me bland, but toast with peanut butter or jam is my favourite part.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

This morning my stepmom made a bunch of eggies in a basket before I left to go back to school. I also ate pancakes this year.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Just now saw this thread.

My answer to this will always be some visit to Waffle House, my favorite restaurant in the whole world.

This time, it was probably the visit with my dad on 12/26, before I departed Chattanooga to return to Seattle. I savored and cherished it, as it would be my last visit to a Waffle House for 5 months (it is a Southern institution whose closest instance to Seattle is in Denver). I also tried their new Hashbrown Bowl, which was very nice.

I look forward to 2017's review of my best Waffle House visit. Thanks for this thread, Kong!
You got BOOST power!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Claytone wrote:Just now saw this thread.

My answer to this will always be some visit to Waffle House, my favorite restaurant in the whole world.

This time, it was probably the visit with my dad on 12/26, before I departed Chattanooga to return to Seattle. I savored and cherished it, as it would be my last visit to a Waffle House for 5 months (it is a Southern institution whose closest instance to Seattle is in Denver). I also tried their new Hashbrown Bowl, which was very nice.

I look forward to 2017's review of my best Waffle House visit. Thanks for this thread, Kong!
I've got a long weekend next week so I'll stop by the one by my house one of those mornings... good and fun stuff.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote:My answer to this will always be some visit to Waffle House, my favorite restaurant in the whole world.

Any time! Breakfast is important.

I went to a Waffle House, but I think it was when I was in Atlanta in 2015, so it was out of scope for this thread, or I would certainly have included it. :(
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming