Fire Emblem Discussion

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Fire Emblem Discussion

Post by The Shoemaker »

Jordan wrote:Dread Fighter is an incredible class.

If you're nearing the end of your Conquest playthrough, I'm not sure who would be ideal to promote. Kaze kinda benefits from it but you would be losing weapon ratings in shuriken and you should at least try to get some promoted ninja skills on him first.

Odin benefits the most from dread fighter. At the start of Conquest, promoting Odin to a dread knight makes him a much better unit. He's iffy as a mage and actually has higher natural strength growths than magic growths.

The best Witch in Conquest, imo, is Ophelia. But this is only so long as Odin marries a wife with reasonable magic growths (Nyx, Felicia, Elise and sorta Camilla). If he marries somebody like Charlotte his daughter probably isn't going to be the greatest mage.

With the right wife though, his kid is an absolute monster and is easily much better as a mage than Odin himself, Nyx or Camilla, and probably on par with Elise and Leo.

Felicia also makes a decent witch if promoted early.
Looks like I'm screwed either way as Odin died a looooong time ago :lol: I made Elise a Witch, grinded the skills and changed her back to a Strategist for the staff. She has become pretty beasty, but her 9 defense at level 38 means she can only swoop in for specific kills, but that's why she also has the staff. Kaze has all of his skills now, so I'm debating what Dread Fighter would do for him. He works best with a dagger, and his RES is already capped at 35 so barely any magic attack can hurt him, never mind hit him. Selena I'm thinking would be good as she is already good with swords and axes, and the skills to protect her against magic damage would really solidify her as an unstoppable unit.

I almost made it through chapter 23 but then died as Oboro used Luna on Effie followed by a magic attack. Literally the only skill that could hurt her. So I reset, then grinded some supports to open up a few more kid chapters. Now everyone is pretty much at level 35. I added Forrest to my team, he has rally resistance and defense, as well as reduces the damage females take. I had Leo and Beruka together for him, so as a healer he actually has decent defense, but he won't be doubling people like Elise.

Not sure if I should go with Shigure as a Falcon Knight, or Mozu as a Kinishi Knight. I don't think I need both, and Shigure technically has better stats, but as a ranged fighter bows are much better than lances. But Shigure has rally speed which helps, so I don't know. Taking both for now, Sophie is out. I have too many horses anyways between Silas, Xander, Leo, Seigbert and Sophie. Seigbert is turning out to be exactly like his father, but with immensely better speed. Only downfall (just like Shiro) is he can't use his father's weapon, and has a worse personal skill.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I always hear people prattling on about how good the Kinshi knight class is, but it's never worked out well for me to be honest. I personally like falcon knights better.

I think Kinshi knights are mainly valuable for their two skills. Air Superiority and Amaterasu are both great, though of the two I prefer Air Superiority. Amaterasu just does not fit my playstyle much. I mostly don't like their base stats and growths though.

To compare them, a Kinshi knight gets:

Base Stats=HP: 17 Strength: 4 Magic: 1 Skill: 9 Speed: 8 Luck: 5 Defense: 4 Res: 7

Growths=HP: 0% Strength: 5% Magic: 0% Skill: 15% Speed: 15% Luck: 15% Defense: 0% Resistance: 15%

While a Falcon Knight gets:

Base Stats=HP: 18 Strength: 5 Magic: 4 Skill: 6 Speed: 10 Luck: 5 Defense: 5 Res: 9

Growths=HP: 0% Strength: 10% Magic: 10% Skill: 10% Speed: 15% Luck: 20% Defense: 0% Resistance: 20%

What this means is that upon promotion, a Falcon Knight is tankier and does more damage immediately, and then throughout the game will consistently be tankier and do more damage. A Kinshi Knight is only better in the skill stat, but falconknights will rarely miss anyways and neither class is outstanding for racking up crits. The better stats of a falconknight are really noticeable on higher difficulty levels like Lunatic. Falcon Knights are some of the best res tanks in the game while Kinshi knights are not as great in that regard.

I think the best option, personally, is to make pegasus knight into a kinshi knight, acquire air superiority, and then class change to falcon knight. Though it also depends on what you want. Kinshi knights are better anti-air units because of their access to bows. For Hoshidan archers, I wouldn't even bother promoting them to Kinshi Knights. I prefer snipers.

to me the difference between a kinshi knight and a falcoknight is like the difference between a fighter plane (kinshi knight) and bomber (falcoknight) :lol:
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

All that put together is why I feel like Falcon Knights should be better, but in terms of my team, I don't see a falcon knight being more effective than my Kinishi Knight due to the weapons available. Shigure can take a harder hit, and probably do better damage, but his defense will still be mediocre compared to the rest of my units. That's why I would view him as more of a support unit for ranged attacks, but he can't double with a javelin. With bows Mozu can double and take out targets from a safe range, and is also effective against other fliers. Really the only thing I see Shigure being good for (and the only thing he has been good for so far) is offering rally speed. His resistance is great, but he would only be able to take out mages at point blank. Meanwhile I already have Kaze, Niles, Leo and Elise to handle mages, all of which can double at range.

It wouldn't be a question if he could double at range. Not sure if Bolt Lance or Spear doubles, but I can't afford anything else at this point anyways :lol: I think I bought too many skills at other castles early in the game, now my team is full of basic weapons. I spend all my remaining funds on a Brave Lance for Effie, which has turned out wonderfully.

I think Falcon Knights were a little more effective in Birthright where I didn't have a lot of defensive units
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

The main draw of flying units is that...they're flying units. That's just as true on Conquest as in Birthright. It's true on Revelations too. There are certain maps where having units able to bridge chasms can be a huge boon. The map where you besiege Takumi at the Great Wall of Hoshido (I can't remember what it's actually called) is a good example.

They are definitely better on Birthright though. In a way, that's not too surprising given that Birthright is designed around them.

Statistically they're not as good statwise since they compensate with insanely high movement points and the ability to fly to ignore terrain costs. I actually turned Shigure into a great master in Birthright since his father was Azama, and he kicked so much more ass in that class. But of course I lost the ability to fly. It was a worthy sacrifice since I had plenty of other fliers.

I've been playing Heroes mostly of late. I was super happy with my second roll of the dice, in which I got Nino and Azama. Nino is my favorite character from FE7 and a character I voted in that Heroes poll. Azama is my favorite from Birthright. I've been using those two together with Cordelia (4*) and Saizo.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

On my first roll, I pulled a 5* Lucina, which is pretty much all I wanted or cared about from that hero pool, so I was happy.

As insane as it is that we have to do this... we should use this thread to share our friend codes.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Friending people in this game hardly does anything anyways. Occasionally your friends' lead units will barge into your castle. Every now and then they'll give you hero feathers.

Though for the record, my friend code is 2988932011...

The only 5* characters I got were Roy and Lyndis. I couldn't care less about Roy. I actually ended up sending him home so I could get hero feathers to promote Nino, my favorite character from FE7.

Lyndis was a really lovely surprise though. I'm super happy that I got her.

My level 20-30 units so far:

Lyndis (5*, lvl 29)
Shanna (4*, level 29)
Adult Tiki (3*, level 28)
Virion (3*, level 27)
Anna (3*, level 26)
Cordelia (4*, level 26)
Female Corrin (4*, level 26)
Saizo (3*, level 24)
Nino (4*, lvl 22)
Arthur (4*, level 22)
Setsuna (3*, level 22)
Azama (4*, lvl 21)
Clarine (4*, level 20)

Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I've gotten. Although I haven't had as much 5* luck as many, I've gotten a bunch of characters I love from the series. Nino is my favorite character from FE7 and Clarine is my favorite from FE6. Azama is my favorite from Birthright. Lyndis, though not my favorite, is a character I really enjoy. Arthur is my favorite character from Conquest. I like most of the other characters listed above too, with the exception of Corrin, Tiki and Cordelia.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

What's the Hero Feather economy like? I've been racking them up and haven't used any, so I assume you must need to use hundreds to get any good use out of them?

Also, what's the point of the low-level special maps? It seems like all you get is trash-tier 1-star characters as rewards?

This game basically just makes me want to go back and play real Fire Emblem games. I'm even being carried by one relentless tank (Lucina).
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Kong Wen wrote:What's the Hero Feather economy like? I've been racking them up and haven't used any, so I assume you must need to use hundreds to get any good use out of them?

Also, what's the point of the low-level special maps? It seems like all you get is trash-tier 1-star characters as rewards?

This game basically just makes me want to go back and play real Fire Emblem games. I'm even being carried by one relentless tank (Lucina).
as a FE game, it's still babby's first FE and is relatively shallow. I mean let's not kid ourselves. It's a mobile game.

But as a mobile game, it's pretty fun and addicting to me. The later levels in story mode and higher difficulties do make the game a bit challenging. They require some strategy to beat, especially if you don't have 5* characters (like me until recently...).

You need 200 feathers to promote from 2 to 3*, 2000 to promote from 3 to 4* and 20,000 to promote from 4 to 5*. Promotions unlock new skills to learn and sometimes better stats, though not always. My 3* Azama was relatively rng blessed while my 4* Azama got screwed, though he did get some great new skills.

The best use of special map characters is to send them home. Sending home a 1* character gives 5 hero feathers, while a 2* character gives 10 hero feathers. Combined, that's 15 hero feathers per day for 15 stamina, which is worthwhile since it adds up.

However, if you wanted to you could acquire 2* characters from the hard mode maps, grind them to level 20 and then promote them to 3* with 200 feathers. If you see a character you like on a special map, this is a good way to get them and avoid orb costs.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Ah, thanks for the rundown! I saw on Twitter than NoA might be gifting everyone 10,000 feathers, so that might be a thing. And I didn't know about sending heroes home, so I have been ignoring the special maps on and off, so I guess I'll start doing those more consistently now.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Here's my team so far:

L08 - ★★★★★ - Lucina
L07 - ★★☆☆☆ - Anna
L06 - ★★☆☆☆ - Sharena
L05 - ★★★☆☆ - Clarine
L02 - ★★★★☆ - Gaius
L02 - ★★★★☆ - Cain

Followed by a bunch of trash.