Fire Emblem Discussion

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Fire Emblem Discussion

Post by Kong Wen »

Bah, I don't know how to beat this Narcian normal mode map. I'm over-levelled by 2-3 levels on everyone (4 on Lucina), but none of the enemies move unless you stand on one specific square, and as soon as you do, they move a guy in and one-shot you. Game over. Lame!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I beat normal mode Narcian map no problem.

The hard mode map, however, was a challenge for me. What I had to do was use Nino's draw back and constantly attack and then use draw back to escape. Some of the characters I had at the time helped me to do this, such as Azura aside from Nino. It might also help to have a tank. In my case, I had Female Corrin and Lyndis. Lyndis isn't normally tanky, but mine is evidently a -attack, +defense Lyndis, so she ended up being way tankier than she ought to be. Corrin on the other hand is just an outright tank who functions as a debuffer as well. She certainly pulled her weight on that stage.

A strategy which I hear a lot of people do is to take some flier with a brave weapon and one shot the archer on turn 1. The best character for this, according to many, is Camilla.

They definitely made it a huge challenge, and it might require a specific team composition or strategy to be successful at. Olivia could help with the map, but unfortunately she was a special event character who came in at only 2*. Without some serious grinding, she would be useless (I actually grinded her and have her at 3* right now myself).

I promoted my Nino to a 5* character today, which I'm totally thrilled about. I also learned in the process that she's a +attack, -hp nino. That's not necessarily the best combination, but it's not half bad either. +attack is definitely something that you'd want on Nino. Right now her attack power is in the mid 30s and she's not even level 20 yet. Evidently, her attack at level 40 will be 49. That's fantastic for a mage. To give some perspective, that's the same number as Young Tiki (a melee unit). Her attack power also beats out +attack Robin by 6 points, +attack merric by 5 and +attack Tharja by 1. She has less attack than Lilina but has about 10 more speed, making her a more powerful character overall. Her weapon deserves some consideration as well. It adds damage based on the stat boosts that Nino has. If you surround her with stat boosters, she can actually one shot Effie. Crazy. I'm going to be really excited to try her once she's maxed out. Right now she's level 23.

With remaining feathers, I also promoted Shareena and Olivia. Most of my filler characters are at level 20 right now. I'm not bothering to level past that because I figure that it makes more sense to just save up feathers to promote characters rather than grinding them up to 40.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Yeah, I could see Olivia being great, and I ran into a sneaky Olivia-based team in the Arena, but I don't think I'm motivated to make the massive investment in bringing her up to a useful level / star-rank.

I think my main problem is I don't have a tanky character, either with defence or resist, even someone who could take one hit to draw enemies into position where I could one-shot them all with my glass cannons.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Yeah, that's one reason why it sometimes helps to train more than 4 characters. Every now and then you'll run into a roadblock and might need a physical or magic tank, a magic damage dealer or more units of a certain color.

We should be getting new characters tomorrow. I'm hoping it's more than just the 4 that they announced (Ephraim, Eirika, Seliph and Julia), but that doesn't seem likely.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Jordan wrote:Yeah, that's one reason why it sometimes helps to train more than 4 characters. Every now and then you'll run into a roadblock and might need a physical or magic tank, a magic damage dealer or more units of a certain color.
Yeah, it's just annoying that you have to spend 10 stamina to go into a match to find out what you need first, then another 10 stamina to go back in with a prepped team. I guess that's the system, though. I mean, it's a free game, so I suppose not knowing how to spend your scant stamina between story battles, training battles, and special maps isn't a bad problem to have.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

It can definitely be frustrating, yeah. I've already gone through all my stamina pots and healing talismans. I definitely wasted a lot of the healing items on training maps, which I regret doing. At times it would have been better to just accept the losses.

I have 3 maxed out characters now (5* and level 40): 5* Lyndis, 5* Nino and 5* Azura. I rotate the other party member between level 40 five-star Arthur and unmaxed Shanna and Female Corrin. Shanna is like level 39 while Fem Corrin is about 38 or so.

I'm SUPER psyched for tonight. We should be getting new characters. Even if we're just getting Ephraim, Eirika, Seliph and Julia though, I think I'll do a gacha pull anyways. I'll have 80 orbs and I feel like spending some of them. Might as well.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

That's a lotta orbs. :D I've made 3 pulls and maxed out my castle and I think I have like 7 orbs left. Will be nice to see some new characters, although I'm nowhere close to having exhausted the current pool. I have a big wishlist. Would looove a Hector and a good mage.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'm sure you guys are aware, but you can redeem My Nintendo coins for stamina potions and crystals. You get daily coins for playing and completing missions.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I blew every single one of my orbs and got almost nothing of value, until the final summoning. On that one, I got a 5* Azura and a 5* Abel. I merged the Azura with my other one so now I have a level 41 Azura. Joy. Abel is actually quite good, so I am pretty happy with him, especially as I needed both another blue and another cavalry unit. I would have preferred Peri or Ephraim (infantry) out of personal preference, but I'll take what I can get I guess.

Everything else was really garbage. It definitely wasn't worth 85 orbs to get two 5 stars. I guess I'll pray that on the next summoning queue I get a lot luckier, as I'll probably only get one shot.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The most notable thing I pulled from my last summon was another 4-star Cordelia, so I can make my level 30 main team member a 30.5. Everything else was trash. Actually, I shouldn't say that. I got a 3-star FemCorrin whose potential I can unlock if I want to go that route, since I've read she's pretty good. I'll have to look at her stat growths, though. If she's a good res-tank, it might be just what the doctor ordered for my team. Otherwise I'll probably save the feathers.

Edit: PS, very jealous of your Azuras!

Edit: Shoe, I think I've gotten all the coins I can get for playing Fire Emblem.