Fire Emblem Discussion

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Fire Emblem Discussion

Post by The Shoemaker »

Finally finished Conquest today!

The final battle was a bit ridiculous in terms of reinforcements. I basically had to charge through and leave my units behind to take a beating from the reinforcements while Corrin and Xander took care of the boss. I actually switched to Hard/Casual for the last couple chapters as I wanted to get through the game with a little less stress, and I knew I'd likely switch to casual for the final battle based on what happened in Birthright
Spoiler
(making a final battle where you can't save and if you die you have to restart the previous chapter as well, not worth playing on classic.)
As it turns out I didn't lose any units until the final battle, so it felt about the same as playing on classic.

I grew to like the Norh Royals quite a bit by the end of the game actually, so I'm excited to use them in Fire Emblem Warriors and Heroes.

Not sure if I'll get to Revelations, with Switch coming out pretty soon and Echoes after that. Would be nice to have all the characters together though.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I started playing Fire Emblem Heroes today.

At first it seemed too simplistic, but after playing for a bit it is quite addicting. The short Fire Emblem battles work well and there are a lot of different battles modes to choose from. I'm only on chapter 3 now, got myself a 5 star Takumi I'm leveling up, along with a 4 star Roy and Barte.

I'm a little concerned that it will become quite grindy later on considering how long it can take to gather a lot of the resources. The My Nintendo bonuses are nice though and give me a reason to use my coins.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

What are these My Nintendo bonuses? OK, I figured out the My Nintendo bonuses, and I used all the points I had earned for various account-related shit to buy that Zelda Picross game. :lol:

Also, how does merging characters work? I just picked up a trash character who's a double of a guy I got from orbs, but I don't know what to do with him.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote:I saw on Twitter than NoA might be gifting everyone 10,000 feathers, so that might be a thing.
It is a thing. I just got my 10,000 Hero Feathers tonight, as well as 10 duelling crests.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

The Shoemaker wrote:I started playing Fire Emblem Heroes today.

At first it seemed too simplistic, but after playing for a bit it is quite addicting. The short Fire Emblem battles work well and there are a lot of different battles modes to choose from. I'm only on chapter 3 now, got myself a 5 star Takumi I'm leveling up, along with a 4 star Roy and Barte.

I'm a little concerned that it will become quite grindy later on considering how long it can take to gather a lot of the resources. The My Nintendo bonuses are nice though and give me a reason to use my coins.
Takumi is literally the best character in the game. Consider yourself greatly blessed. Roy is quite good too.
Also, how does merging characters work? I just picked up a trash character who's a double of a guy I got from orbs, but I don't know what to do with him.
Merging characters does the following (if they are the same star rank):

-decreases the # of hero feathers you need to promote the character to a higher star rank.

-Increases the character's level

-Increases the character's SP

-Increases the character's level cap by 1 (this is removed when the character is promoted to a higher star rank).

If the character you are merging (the trashed one) is a lower star rank than the recipient, the recipient just gets some SP iirc.

By the way, if you click on the + magnifying glass near the portrait or a character, you can access more detailed information. Among this info you can view a character's "skill list," including the skills a character can acquire upon promotion to higher * ranks. I learned this earlier today. Some characters just get their basic skills upgraded, but some actually get very nice bonuses. For example, if you promote Henry he can gain a skill giving him weapon triangle advantage against non-color foes.

There's a boss battle to acquire Narcian (FE6) today. It's quite difficult on hard mode. I got him after a few tries though. He's a very comical character.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Hmm, I can't merge two of my 1-star characters. I wonder if it's because they're low level. Do you have to be over level 10 or 20 or something to merge? Seems like most of the advanced features are for higher levels.

I have been just breezing through the story with my main 4 characters. I haven't been trying to keep everyone leveled up, like I would in a normal FE game. I don't know if that's a bad thing or not. Worst case scenario, I can always go back and grind lower-level matches with them.

I'm not high enough to attempt much of the hard mode content yet. I'll update my roster in a post here later today.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Main team:

L14 - ★★★★★ - Lucina
L13 - ★★☆☆☆ - Anna
L13 - ★★☆☆☆ - Sharena
L15 - ★★★☆☆ - Clarine

Other 4-star characters I'd use but who aren't levelled yet:

L02 - ★★★★☆ - Gaius
L02 - ★★★★☆ - Cain
L01 - ★★★★☆ - Tharja x 2
L01 - ★★★★☆ - Est
L01 - ★★★★☆ - Cordelia
L01 - ★★★★☆ - Gunter x 2
L01 - ★★★★☆ - Cecilia
L01 - ★★★★☆ - Jakob

And then there's all the trashy 3-star-and-under level 1-2 characters who don't have a use yet.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I'd suggest replacing Sharena with Cordelia or Cain, if he's the blue spear one. I forget it that's Cain or Abel. I think Cecilia might also be worth using over Anna at some point. Eventually you will come across knight foes with almost unbreakable defense. Without some magic, it might be hard to progress. Lucina will probably carry you through a lot though.

My main team:

Level 40 Nino ★★★★☆
Level 40 Lyndis ★★★★★
Level 37 Arthur ★★★★☆
Level 39 Shanna ★★★★☆

Other characters who I alternate in/in training:

Level 37 Female Corrin ★★★★☆
Level 31 Azura ★★★★★
Level 30 Clarine ★★★★☆
Level 28 Tiki ★★★☆☆
Level 27 Virion ★★★☆☆
Level 27 Anna ★★★☆☆
Level 26 Frederick ★★★☆☆
Level 26 Cordelia ★★★★☆
Level 26 Azama ★★★★☆
Level 24 Saizo ★★★☆☆
Level 24 Setsuna ★★★☆☆
Level 22 Jeigan ★★★★☆
Level 21 Fir ★★★☆☆
Level 20 Stahl ★★★☆☆

Nobody else is worth mentioning.

in 3 days I'll have enough feathers to promote Nino to a 5*, which I'm really excited about.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Jordan wrote:I'd suggest replacing Sharena with Cordelia or Cain, if he's the blue spear one. I forget it that's Cain or Abel. I think Cecilia might also be worth using over Anna at some point. Eventually you will come across knight foes with almost unbreakable defense. Without some magic, it might be hard to progress. Lucina will probably carry you through a lot though.
Yeah, as you can probably guess, I kept Anna and Sharena around because they're early party members who just got good from being around for so long, but they're definitely starting to lag behind in usefulness. Cain is the red sword guy. I started levelling Tharja so I could have a magic user on deck if needed.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Ok, Cain is not that useful unfortunately. Abel, however, is an absolute monster. He's actually one of the best characters in the game.

The game won't necessarily be difficult on normal until the final chapters. That's when things will start getting quite challenging, especially for the last few stages. Some stages force you to fight 5 enemies while you can only deploy four. The final levels force you to fight series villains with fairly high stats. The last level is just a nightmare if you're not prepared for it. The final boss is very powerful. My experience might differ from your's, though, as I was rolling through it with a mostly 3* character team.

The higher tiers of the training tower, some of the special maps and the story mode on higher difficulties can be rough too. The final levels of the story on lunatic are just insane. They're probably designed for level 40+ characters, meaning characters who were merged in order to increase their level cap.

I beat all the quests for February, except the newly implemented arena quests (I'm at the lunatic level with those). I've beaten the story levels on normal and hard and everything up to chapter 7 on lunatic.

The endgame appears to be the arena. Your rank depends on using a team to clear 7 rounds on advanced while trying to avoid casualties. Every casualty you suffer decreases the points you get. It's actually very difficult to beat other people's teams while avoiding any kind of loss. Takumi and Hector seem to be the most meta defining heroes right now. They just absolutely wreck everything due to their ability to counter at any range. Robin is very strong too purely because he's one of the very few decent Takumi counters.