Rogue Legacy

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Re: Rogue Legacy

Post by Jelly »

The basic game concept is really fun. I however feel that the game world isn't that well-realized. Terraria manages to create a randomly generated world that is varied, exciting and atmospheric to explore. Rogue Legacy quickly becomes quite predictable once you've encountered most of the variables.

I've grinded quite a bit in this game, I'm level 50 without having beaten any of the bosses! I got a swell 5 hp per kill life drain, which now makes the basic Castle incredibly easy.

My favorite classes are the barbarian king with a boosted hp, it works very well combined with life drain. So does the Shinobi that kills enemies easily. I also like the spellsword when get a good starting spell.

Did you guys also think that the muscle spasm controller vibration was a gameplay feature? I had it for several runs where I thought it was vibrating because I was close to a secret hidden chest or something.

Cool game, but I wish that I got Terraria instead.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

To each their own... Terraria is hideously ugly to these eyes. Not to mention that gameplay...

Why don't you try venturing out? You could have two bosses dead easily by now!
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Yeah, Terraria and Rogue Legacy are completely different types of games. The former is a multiplayer mine'em-up and the latter is a roguelite platformer. Apples to oranges comparison. RL is a great game, but if you're looking for it to satisfy a hankerin' for a completely different genre, it's going to disappoint.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I've just got Freon left to beat before "mocking the traitor". This guy's a pig. Wish me luck!

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:I've just got Freon left to beat before "mocking the traitor". This guy's a pig. Wish me luck!
You actually have one more surprise left to do, too, before you do that. :)

Glad to hear you took down Alexander IV! A lot of people seem to think he's the toughest one, but I actually had the most trouble with the dude you have left.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Freon wasn't so bad, I got him in a few tries. You can manipulate him pretty easily so you're not having to take leaps of faith into a pit of fireballs constantly. Alexander was my least favorite by a long shot. Half the time I fought him, he stayed completely outside of the arena. I found my best strategy was taking my time and doing my best to get damaged by spikes (least damage) when a hit was unavoidable. I used my Hokage skill and magic like crazy during this fight.

The
Spoiler
was a bit of a cakewalk with a very simple exploit. No issues there.

Mocked the traitor and started my NG+.

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Freon is really easy to control. The tricky part for him is running out of space. So you can learn him in one or two attempts, but then you need to execute. Some people are good at one but not the other. :) I found Neo-Khidr to be the opposite: I took a lot of time to figure out the best ways of avoiding his attacks, and then as soon as I knew how to do that I could beat him instantly.
VictorViper wrote:The
Spoiler
was a bit of a cakewalk with a very simple exploit. No issues there.
I thought so too. Only Astrodotus was easier.

Does that mean you just have blueprints left?

I just cranked through NG++. I had beaten Khidr++ a couple days ago, and I just took out the other three bosses with the same Assassin. <3 NG+++ onward!
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Yeah, blueprints and thanatophobia are left. I'd have had all blueprints long ago if not for my cross-save issue.

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:Yeah, blueprints and thanatophobia are left. I'd have had all blueprints long ago if not for my cross-save issue.
I stopped trying for Thanato after my first practice run. :( I'll give it another shot when I get back from—wait, I have this on Vita too!
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

I didn't realize you could teleport to a boss you already found if you use the The Architect to enter the same castle.

Duh, that made getting the bosses down ridiculusly easier. Alexander was no problem and I got him on the second try.

A useful hint for progressing in hard areas is to try to kill as few monsters as possible in the initial area, you can then return when you are low on HP and kill the easy enemies for life drain HP and meats.

I enjoy this game whole lot, the developers have succeeded with the most important thing, making the combat and monster killing fun and satisfying.