Been to any good concerts/live shows lately?

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: Been to any good concerts/live shows lately?

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Never been to any concert, but I've recently bought a ticket to a dress rehearsel (with meet and greet and some extras) of the first Ayreon Universe show. That will be the closest thing to a concert I'll probably ever go to.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote: 25 Jun 2017 21:30 Mr. Waters was as incredible as I'd hoped. You're in for a treat, Kong. I'll still always regret missing his Wall tour, but I still feel like I witnessed something really special. He's quite the showman. Look forward to it.
Saw this on Friday. Fantastic show. It immediately became the second best concert I've ever seen, just after my front-row Paul McCartney outdoor festival experience. Roger was definitely on top of his game. He sounded good, and he owned the stage. He seemed more energetic than he did during his The Wall revival. The new material sounded good and fit right in. My only two complaints were that the David Gilmour stand-in wasn't the greatest singer (I would have been happy if Roger had just taken more of the vocal parts), and that they didn't play the title track from the new album (which is weird but excellent).

I bought a t-shirt.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote: 28 Jun 2017 09:43 And yeah, definitely post those pics! I'd love to see them!
Coming back to this—I haven't been able to post pics lately because they're all stored on an external drive somewhere, but I did find a handful of my good Macca ones in my email sent items (which is why they're small). But I think these still convey the beauty and majesty.

I really like this one because Paul's looking right at me. It's not an optical illusion; he's literally mugging for my camera in this one:

Being close to the stage is great for concerts like this, where the performer is really audience-engaged. By contrast, I didn't take any pictures at the Neil Young concert I attended. Neil was in his own world, but if he caught sight of a camera in the front row he probably would have suplexed me.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Sweet, I'm going through my external backup drives to consolidate my music in one place, and I found some of my snaps from the big outdoor U2 concert. I have more than this, but here's a nice one as a sample. :)