Been to any good concerts/live shows lately?

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Been to any good concerts/live shows lately?

Post by Kong Wen »

I want to hear about some of the cool live events you've been going to see! I don't care if it's music in a dingy pub, a video game symphony, ballet, stand-up comedy, or theatrical performance. What have you taken in on the stage? :?:
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: Been to any good concerts/live shows lately?

Post by VictorViper »

We attempted to catch some live Rockabilly at a local favourite called Revel Room on Saturday, but sadly got there too late. There's been a serious drought lately in terms of interest and scheduling conflicts... hate admitring it, but the last show I caught live, unless I'm forgetting something, was Lemaitre on November 17th.

That's crazy to me. And fixable.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

I saw Louis CK in Seattle back in November, I think. It was the same show as his new Netflix special. Very funny! Was only a $50 show. Would recommend his live set to anyone.

Not long prior to that, I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd live (or, better put, their original guitarist and a bunch of other guys that now call themselves Lynyrd Skynyrd). They didn't mess around with any new album shit, which was nice. Played all the good stuff from the original lineup. Fun show. Took me home if only for a couple hours.

Next month, I'll be seeing Roger Waters live. That promises to be a great show. I'm sad I missed his Wall tour from a few years ago, but I'm sure this will be great.

In August, I'll be seeing ZZ Top and the Doobie Brothers playing together in Seattle. That should be a good one too.

Lots to look forward to!
You got BOOST power!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I've got an Iron Maiden show in June I'm going to. More updates to follow! Looking forward to it
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote:I want to hear about some of the cool live events you've been going to see! I don't care if it's music in a dingy pub, a video game symphony, ballet, stand-up comedy, or theatrical performance. What have you taken in on the stage? :?:
So I went to the Zelda Symphony, as mentioned by KW. It was two weekends ago in Minneapolis. The event was outstanding. The music was great. So many people from surrounding states and provinces came to town for the show. It was unlike any other symphony or orchestra concert I had been to, as the audience cheered when certain songs started or when certain melodies happened. It was kind of like a rock concert atmosphere, for symphonic material. There was also a screen showing scenes form the corresponding games during the music.

I would totally go again, and I recommend checking out the tour site to see if they are stopping near you soon. The rush ticket line was two blocks long!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

A couple of weeks ago, I had the great pleasure of going to see John Mulaney in an early stop on his Kid Gorgeous tour.

I'm planning on going to see Roger Waters in Toronto in October, so Clay and I will have something to talk about then I imagine. :) His new album comes out this week, and I'll be picking it up. I listened to the first single and it sounds like a Radiohead-ized Amused to Death, which kind of makes sense, since Radiohead's producer played a few instruments throughout.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I did forget one - went to see Protest the Hero and A Wilhelm Scream play in December. Still far too long to go without.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Mr. Waters was as incredible as I'd hoped. You're in for a treat, Kong. I'll still always regret missing his Wall tour, but I still feel like I witnessed something really special. He's quite the showman. Look forward to it.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote:Mr. Waters was as incredible as I'd hoped. You're in for a treat, Kong. I'll still always regret missing his Wall tour, but I still feel like I witnessed something really special. He's quite the showman. Look forward to it.
I'm pumped! Although this is going to be one of the first/only big shows for which I haven't been in the front row (the friends with whom I'm going didn't want to splurge and/or stand in line for a good floor spot). Neil Young, front row. U2's giant outdoor concert at Magnetic Hill, front row and sprayed with Bono's champagne. Paul McCartney's outdoor show in Halifax, front row. I wasn't allowed at camera at Neil's show, but I have some good picture evidence of the others—I should dig them up sometime.

Anyway, I know Waters is a very theatrical man, so I'm looking forward to that.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote:
Claytone wrote:Mr. Waters was as incredible as I'd hoped. You're in for a treat, Kong. I'll still always regret missing his Wall tour, but I still feel like I witnessed something really special. He's quite the showman. Look forward to it.
I'm pumped! Although this is going to be one of the first/only big shows for which I haven't been in the front row (the friends with whom I'm going didn't want to splurge and/or stand in line for a good floor spot). Neil Young, front row. U2's giant outdoor concert at Magnetic Hill, front row and sprayed with Bono's champagne. Paul McCartney's outdoor show in Halifax, front row. I wasn't allowed at camera at Neil's show, but I have some good picture evidence of the others—I should dig them up sometime.

Anyway, I know Waters is a very theatrical man, so I'm looking forward to that.
Wow! I thought about splurging for front row seats fort Roger Waters, but I ultimately balked. They're awfully pricey! I think it may have been worth it, ultimately, but I'm not exactly drowning in regret. It was a great show regardless. I'm sure you'll have fun.

And yeah, definitely post those pics! I'd love to see them!
You got BOOST power!