E3 2017

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

E3 2017

Post by SkyPikachu »

Considering E3 is already upon us I'll make a thread and try my best to keep this post updated with new content.

Saturday, June 10
EA - Link
Sunday, June 11th
Microsoft - Link
Bethesda - Link

Monday, June 12th
The PC Gaming show - Link
Ubisoft - Link
Sony - Link

Tuesday, June 13th
Nintendo - Link
Last edited by SkyPikachu on 17 Jun 2017 11:17, edited 4 times in total.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: E3 2017

Post by Kreegs »

Thanks Slurm!

Watched some of EA today. Wasnit just me, or were their people WAY too excited?
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I wasn't able to watch EA or Microsoft, but Battlefront 2 looks like a great improvement in terms of content and features, and I like the Minecraft cross platform play announcement. Of course, this doesn't help me unless they include PS4 support. If/once they do, I might pick up Minecraft for Switch.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I was pleased to see a trailer for AssCreed Ancient Egypt, which I was expecting but thought it may have to wait for Ubisoft's conference. Ori 2 looked gorgeous and I definitely want to check that out. Anthem looked gorgeous too but not my kind of thing.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Sharecrow wrote:I was pleased to see a trailer for AssCreed Ancient Egypt, which I was expecting but thought it may have to wait for Ubisoft's conference. Oni 2 looked gorgeous and I definitely want to check that out. Anthem looked gorgeous too but not my kind of thing.
Ori!

Cuphead looks good, still, of course. Coming in September.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Was this Sea of Thieves third e3? Game continues to look interesting.

Anyone have any interest in XBOX One X? I imagine most people here interested in the increased performance have a PC where they can already play Microsoft titles.

Opinions on the name? I guess they wanted to go along with the single letter trend they started with the Xbox One S.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:Was this Sea of Thieves third e3? Game continues to look interesting.

Anyone have any interest in XBOX One X? I imagine most people here interested in the increased performance have a PC where they can already play Microsoft titles.

Opinions on the name? I guess they wanted to go along with the single letter trend they started with the Xbox One S.
The name is trash, but it follows the S precedent, and it's not an entirely new console so it doesn't suffer from the same egregious error as the Wii U did.

I don't have any interest in it. If it's $500 USD, it'll be $670 CAD, which is close to $800 with tax. With a cost like that, and the only benefit being increased processing (whatever tangible benefit that provides) and 4K support that would go unused, I'd rather just buy a discounted normal Xbox One to play the same games.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Was this Sea of Thieves third e3? Game continues to look interesting.

The name is trash, but it follows the S precedent, and it's not an entirely new console so it doesn't suffer from the same egregious error as the Wii U did.

I don't have any interest in it. If it's $500 USD, it'll be $670 CAD, which is close to $800 with tax. With a cost like that, and the only benefit being increased processing (whatever tangible benefit that provides) and 4K support that would go unused, I'd rather just buy a discounted normal Xbox One to play the same games.
I'm definitely with you there. It will have its following - there are plenty of people who want to play games on the best settings. That ain't me, so if we continue to see the base Xbox S go down in price I'm cool with that.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Excited for Tunic, Wolfenstein II (killing Nazis), Destiny 2, MONSTER HUNTER ON PS4 (get the team together, Vic, Shoe!), God of War, Spider-Man, Shadow of the Colossus remake, and The End is Nigh (Ed McMillen PC platformer), Ori 2, and Cuphead.

Edit: I forgot Ubisoft. Also excited for Mario + Rabbids. And Wargroove.

Nintendo is tomorrow at noon EDT.

Edit again: Days Gone looks good. I also saw on Sony's Twitter that Undertale is coming to PS4 and Vita this summer. And Matterfall, from the makers of Resogun, is also coming to PS4 this summer.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

EA:
Madden 18 Story Mode could be cool

Microsoft:
Xbox One X name and price ($499 USD) are both stupid in my mind.
Deep Rock Galactic looks cool I'll possibly play it but I'll wait for reviews.
Super Lucky's Tale it looks really fun I just hope it doesn't have the same issues as yooka laylee does.
Cuphead What the hell is this. It looks confusing and fun at the same time.
Ori and the Will of the Wisps Loved the originals so I'll play this for sure.

Bethesda:
Skyrim Switch This confirms that I'll buy it on the Switch I played about 10 hours on PS3 then never got around it finishing it so I'll play it for sure on the switch.
Quake Champions Seeing this made me get the Alpha I had fun playing it however the 5 minute que to join a game gets annoying and the lack of tutorial sucks I could see myself loving this especially considering I really hate the way Blizzard is handling skins and cosmetics with overwatch right now that I just want to stop playing. Not to mention how broken the competitive mode is.

PC Gaming Show:
Ooblets It looks really cute and double fine make some really good games. I'm not sold but it looks cool.
Tunic It reminds me of Zelda which is a massive plus we'll see what happens.

Ubisoft: Best conference so far (haven't seen Nintendo)
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle I actually lasted ages without this being spoiled to me but about 4 days ago it was spoiled however I had no idea what it would be about and the whole game just looks plain fun I also had no idea Ubisoft were going to be the ones announcing it and also Xavier the guy who announced it seemed super passionate about it. So far it's my Game of E3. Also releasing this year is awesome for the switches health.
The Crew 2 I don't know why this looks fun to me but it just does.
South Park: The Fractured But Whole Honestly am already sold however they didnt seem to show that much more release date of this year is amazing though.
South Park: Phone Destroyer I'll have to see more before I'm sold.
Starlink I might like this but we'll have to wait

Sony: The one that got away
Shadow of the Colossus I've never played it before and it looks interesting
Spiderman It looked so good until it had 5000 quick time events. I'm really unsure now.

Others:
Kingdom Hearts 3 Hoping to get a release date in July
Ever Oasis Still unsure if I'll buy this or not
Undertale I've been meaning to play this
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Already pre-ordered

Hopes for Nintendo
Spoiler
2D Metroid - On 3ds wanted one on switch but still good.
Super Mario Sunshine playable on switch (VC, HD remake) - Maybe next year after SMO is out.
More Mario Rabbids info - New gameplay footage was nice
3D Donkey Kong - Probably never happening
New IP - Surely will happen one day but the question is when
VC release date with Gamecube being apart of it. - Starting to get annoying they need to announce something soon.
Nintendo
Kirby - I haven't played many Kirby games so I think I'll check it out.
Pokemon Switch - Hopefully it's not crazy cutscene heavy like SUMO
Metroid Prime 4 - I better go play 1-3 to see if I'll enjoy 4 (Please no motion controls)
Yoshi - Still got to finish Woolly Worlds but I do like yoshi games.
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - will possibly day 1 buy this.
Super Mario Odyssey - The hat abilities look so amazing and a release date is amazing too 27th of October isn't far away.
---
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - A remake doesn't really interest me that much especially on the 3ds.
Metroid: Samus Returns - 2D METROID YAY!! It's not on Switch but still it's something.
Last edited by SkyPikachu on 14 Jun 2017 05:59, edited 1 time in total.