Monster Hunter World

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Monster Hunter World

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'm impressed you guys are still very much actively playing the game! Nice to see more people get back into the series.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 13 Mar 2018 16:35 I'm impressed you guys are still very much actively playing the game! Nice to see more people get back into the series.
It's always been a long-term investment kind of game, and this one has the additional benefit of having greatly facilitated the social aspects. I know the people who have come as refugees from Destiny (me, Rob, Bacon) are primed to enjoy the game as a background activity to socialization, so that helps with its longevity.

Latest news: Dante from Devil May Cry is going to be the next Capcom character crossover. No word on when the DMC quests will show up in the Events list.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 13 Mar 2018 16:44
The Shoemaker wrote: 13 Mar 2018 16:35 I'm impressed you guys are still very much actively playing the game! Nice to see more people get back into the series.
It's always been a long-term investment kind of game, and this one has the additional benefit of having greatly facilitated the social aspects. I know the people who have come as refugees from Destiny (me, Rob, Bacon) are primed to enjoy the game as a background activity to socialization, so that helps with its longevity.

Latest news: Dante from Devil May Cry is going to be the next Capcom character crossover. No word on when the DMC quests will show up in the Events list.
It's definitely cool to see, never thought monster Hunter would really take off on this site!

I think my favorite DLC is still that one time they gave your palico a Wind Waker Link skin
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 13 Mar 2018 18:09 It's definitely cool to see, never thought monster Hunter would really take off on this site!
A big part of it is definitely the move to consoles. I played a lot of Tri on Wii, but the lack of good communication options made it just seem like a long single-player game. And it's even more difficult to invest a lot of time in a big-scale social loot-treadmill on a little pocket device.
The Shoemaker wrote: 13 Mar 2018 18:09 I think my favorite DLC is still that one time they gave your palico a Wind Waker Link skin
Once the PC version comes out, you're going to see a LOT more funny costumes. :lol:

On another note, the MoHu Wo Direct happened yesterday, and they announced some quality of life changes. Decreased loading times sounds very promising! They've also added "disband and go to Gathering Hub" options to the quest-finale menu, and removed the ability for teammates to flinch you out of carves.

Deviljho is coming on 22 March. We're getting a free ticket to change our Hus' appearance on the 16th, but after that the tickets will be paid DLC. Big meh. Finally, there are a whole bunch of weapon tuning tweaks detailed in screenshots here:

https://kotaku.com/monster-hunter-world ... 1823759680
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Wow, no flinching during carves, now THAT took a while.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Important clarification: no flinching during carves after the mission / at the countdown screen, or from allies. Monsters can still flinch you during the mission, or else you could keep corpses around for a free dodge.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Kong Wen wrote: 15 Mar 2018 02:26 Important clarification: no flinching during carves after the mission / at the countdown screen, or from allies. Monsters can still flinch you during the mission, or else you could keep corpses around for a free dodge.
It was my understanding that flinching will still be a very real thing in combat. Player versus player flinching is a purposeful game mechanic, I hope they have restricted this to post-hunt.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Flinching will still be a very real thing in combat. It just won't be a very real thing while carving.

You won't get knocked out of carves by allies post-hunt or during-hunt.

You won't get knocked out of carves by monster attacks post-hunt only.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I'm on the Platinum grind for this one now.

I only need 2-3 more Kirin to max my research level on every monster (including Deviljho).

From the current batch of event quests, I only need a tiny gold crown Jyuratodus from the Wildspire Bolero and tiny gold crown Dodogama and Azure Rathalos from the Rock & Roll Recess. (That'll leave me hunting for gold crowns for Black Diablos and the elder dragons.)

And I'm 9 arena wins away from the 50 required for that trophy.

Not like I'll be done when I get the Platinum trophy, though... I'm also missing 4 great-sized variants of fish to finish up my endemic life collection and unlock a Guild Card background. Once I'm done with that, I'm going to start building different weapons.