SEGA Forever

A place to discuss mobile gaming across all tablet and smartphone platforms, including Android, iOS, and Windows.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

SEGA Forever

Post by Kreegs »

So apparently SEGA is releasing ALL of their games over time on iOS and android for free. This will apparently include games from all of their consoles, including Dreamcast. There are already a few up on the iOS shop, like Altered Beast and Kid Chameleon. What do you think about this? Is it something you want to check out? It is free after all.

http://forever.sega.com/
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: SEGA Forever

Post by Kong Wen »

This port of Sonic 1 is apparently based on a previous, good-quality port with some UI changed. The rest of them are atrocious ports / atrocious emulation. Still, like you said, they're free. That's both a pro and a con—I wonder how incentivized Sega will be to actually improve on these ports in the face of complaints, given their low-effort nature.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote:This port of Sonic 1 is apparently based on a previous, good-quality port with some UI changed. The rest of them are atrocious ports / atrocious emulation. Still, like you said, they're free. That's both a pro and a con—I wonder how incentivized Sega will be to actually improve on these ports in the face of complaints, given their low-effort nature.
I was going to add, the Sonic 1 is the same HD Christian Whitehead version, which I paid for a year ago. All the Sonic ones will be great, the other games will be fine for free.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:This port of Sonic 1 is apparently based on a previous, good-quality port with some UI changed. The rest of them are atrocious ports / atrocious emulation. Still, like you said, they're free. That's both a pro and a con—I wonder how incentivized Sega will be to actually improve on these ports in the face of complaints, given their low-effort nature.
I was going to add, the Sonic 1 is the same HD Christian Whitehead version, which I paid for a year ago. All the Sonic ones will be great, the other games will be fine for free.
Well, they'll be free. Hopefully their freeness doesn't discourage Sega from fixing their shit.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Downloaded Sonic 1 this morning on my iPhone and removed it again after playing 1 stage. Too much ads, even for a free game.
Grt. Merlin

Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Downloaded Sonic 1 this morning on my iPhone and removed it again after playing 1 stage. Too much ads, even for a free game.
So based on this feedback, I am NOT going to update my version of Sonic 1. I bought it for like 4 bucks, and it is the best version of the game I have played. Thank you for warning me!
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Kreegs wrote:
MerlinDrazziw wrote:Downloaded Sonic 1 this morning on my iPhone and removed it again after playing 1 stage. Too much ads, even for a free game.
So based on this feedback, I am NOT going to update my version of Sonic 1. I bought it for like 4 bucks, and it is the best version of the game I have played. Thank you for warning me!
There's an iap for removing non-Sega related ads ... doesn't say if that reduces the amount of ads.
Grt. Merlin