SNES Classic

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: SNES Classic

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote: 23 Aug 2017 03:10 Hehe, I think I'm going to have to suck it up too. Best Buy wasn't doing in-store pre-orders, and EB was sold out when I asked. Everything online sold out. Nintendo says they'll have tons of stock this time around, but that's completely irrelevant if they keep letting scalpers use bots to snap up all the pre-orders and then re-sell them for $300.
I might be able to have one of my co-workers at the MOA wait at one of the two gamestops in there. They all went up there before the mall opened and got in line for the NES Classic and they all got one.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote: 23 Aug 2017 03:24
Kong Wen wrote: 23 Aug 2017 03:10 Hehe, I think I'm going to have to suck it up too. Best Buy wasn't doing in-store pre-orders, and EB was sold out when I asked. Everything online sold out. Nintendo says they'll have tons of stock this time around, but that's completely irrelevant if they keep letting scalpers use bots to snap up all the pre-orders and then re-sell them for $300.
I might be able to have one of my co-workers at the MOA wait at one of the two gamestops in there. They all went up there before the mall opened and got in line for the NES Classic and they all got one.
Well, let me know if you have two buddies and one of them might be able to get one for me, too. :) I'm not taking any chances.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I'll keep you posted.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Apparently you can't buy the SNES classic anywhere in Quebec or have it shipped there from an online because it does not meet the French language requirements of the province.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Kreegs wrote: 23 Aug 2017 12:53 Apparently you can't buy the SNES classic anywhere in Quebec or have it shipped there from an online because it does not meet the French language requirements of the province.
So one person purchasing it in-store can't later ship it from their residence to a friend in Quebec? If that in itself can't be done there would be a war.

Quebec should be named a country, not a province... we wouldn't be treated like shit in digital distribution areas if that happened.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

kitroplious wrote: 23 Aug 2017 16:42
Kreegs wrote: 23 Aug 2017 12:53 Apparently you can't buy the SNES classic anywhere in Quebec or have it shipped there from an online because it does not meet the French language requirements of the province.
So one person purchasing it in-store can't later ship it from their residence to a friend in Quebec? If that in itself can't be done there would be a war.

Quebec should be named a country, not a province... we wouldn't be treated like shit in digital distribution areas if that happened.
Wouldn't that be something, if the SNES Classic is the straw that breaks the camels back in terms of Quebec becoming an independent nation.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I bet that will be it. I can see the headlines now. Have you Canucks heard anything about this up there in the news?

@Kit - I am assuming if Shoe bought one at Walmart in Manitoba and then sent it by personal mail to his best friend in Quebec City, that would be fine. But if he bought it on Walmart.com and tried to directly ship it to his friend, it wouldn't work.

And poor Jean Paul in Montreal just has to hope that some nice people in the Yukon get a big shipment and want to kindly send some his way via FedEx.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Poor Jean Paul, he never saw it coming.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 24 Aug 2017 16:27 Poor Jean Paul, he never saw it coming.
To be fair, no one anywhere will see these coming.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

These will be in stores this coming Friday. Good luck to everyone who's going to try to somehow lay hands on them.