Animal Crossing Mobile

A place to discuss mobile gaming across all tablet and smartphone platforms, including Android, iOS, and Windows.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Animal Crossing Mobile

Post by Kreegs »

Reggie confirmed that Animal Crossing is still coming to iOS and Android mobile.

http://toucharcade.com/2017/06/26/ninte ... g-in-2017/
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Animal Crossing Mobile

Post by The Shoemaker »

Interesting that's there's no new animal crossing game coming this year to coincide with the mobile release.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

The Shoemaker wrote:Interesting that's there's no new animal crossing game coming this year to coincide with the mobile release.
I wonder if they will see how popular the mobile game is before they announce it. Just like how Pokemon Go should have been been the draw in for new players, then there could have been a Switch Pokemon announced that came out a few months later.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Interesting that's there's no new animal crossing game coming this year to coincide with the mobile release.
I wonder if they will see how popular the mobile game is before they announce it. Just like how Pokemon Go should have been been the draw in for new players, then there could have been a Switch Pokemon announced that came out a few months later.
That's the thing, if the mobile title is releasing this year, I don't think we'd see Animal Crossing at this point until May/June 2018 at the earliest. Maybe they don't need to coincide with each other though.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is coming to mobile in late November. It looks like a small-scale Animal Crossing where most of the activities are on your typical freemium paywalls (build a thing and wait for 3 hours, or pay real money to wait 3 seconds instead). It looks like a competent and relatively faithful AC, but I'd rather hold out for a real Switch entry.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Yeah it definitely looks like an animal crossing title, which is surprising! I'm interested to try it out, but I can't say of I see it holding my attention.

With that said, the animal crossing "wait times" seem like a perfect fit for mobile.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I played it and honestly got bored very quickly I guess it has the home design stuff which is cool but not really my thing it just felt like I was doing chores for all the villages collecting stuff and with every area being really small it didn't feel like the big open town like in new leaf. In New Leaf there always felt like something to do where as this just feels like do 10-20 minutes worth of stuff then do nothing for 4 hours which for me just doesn't work.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 07 Nov 2017 13:32 I played it and honestly got bored very quickly I guess it has the home design stuff which is cool but not really my thing it just felt like I was doing chores for all the villages collecting stuff and with every area being really small it didn't feel like the big open town like in new leaf. In New Leaf there always felt like something to do where as this just feels like do 10-20 minutes worth of stuff then do nothing for 4 hours which for me just doesn't work.
Haha I definitely think that's the point as a mobile game. It's something people play once or twice a day for a few minutes!

Not sure if that style will work for me either. We'll see.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

When is the NA release??
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote: 07 Nov 2017 16:55 When is the NA release??
Late November is all they said originally.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming