Club Nintendo Rewards

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Club Nintendo Rewards

Post by squishy »

Has anyone else seen them for this year? Plus side, there are a lot to choose from. Down side, they are all downloadable games. Platinum members get a choice of Game & Wario, NES Remix and a few other similar titles, while Gold members can choose from a selection of VC titles for the Wii U. While the reward redemption is now instantaneous instead of having to wait to the end of the year, it used to be nice to have something you could hold in your hands. This seems a bit cheap. Thoughts?
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Club Nintendo Gold/Platinum Rewards

Post by Kong Wen »

squishy wrote:Has anyone else seen them for this year? Plus side, there are a lot to choose from. Down side, they are all downloadable games. Platinum members get a choice of Game & Wario, NES Remix and a few other similar titles, while Gold members can choose from a selection of VC titles for the Wii U. While the reward redemption is now instantaneous instead of having to wait to the end of the year, it used to be nice to have something you could hold in your hands. This seems a bit cheap. Thoughts?
It definitely seems a bit cheap. Even if it was valueless kitsch, at least there was a feeling of fan club exclusivity to past rewards. But downloadable games that anyone can just download takes that intangible value and slaps a dollar amount on it. Oh well, though.

EDIT: Here is the list of elite status rewards from the Club Nintendo website.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

Was definitely hoping for something physical. Probably explains why the Luigi's Mansion statue was a normal coin thing last year then. Gonna get Dr. Luigi, I guess.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The only thing I don't have from that list is Game & Wario for Wii U. Although, I was really hoping for Club Nintendo Picross (3DS eShop), when it comes to digital stuff. Didn't get that chance...
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

kitroplious wrote:The only thing I don't have from that list is Game & Wario for Wii U. Although, I was really hoping for Club Nintendo Picross (3DS eShop), when it comes to digital stuff. Didn't get that chance...
What!? There is/was a Club Nintendo-exclusive Picross game? :o
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Kong Wen wrote:
kitroplious wrote:The only thing I don't have from that list is Game & Wario for Wii U. Although, I was really hoping for Club Nintendo Picross (3DS eShop), when it comes to digital stuff. Didn't get that chance...
Yes, there is...
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

kitroplious wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:
Yes, there is...
Oh, if it's Japan-only I don't feel so bad. I thought it had been released in North America as a CN reward and I missed it.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Kong Wen wrote:Oh, if it's Japan-only I don't feel so bad. I thought it had been released in North America as a CN reward and I missed it.
Well, I hope it maybe comes here one day... although, yet again, we have Picross e1-4 in the west, with possibly Picross e5 on the way (in Japan only at the moment).
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I got Platinum this year and I honestly have no idea what I want to get. I don't need anything for the 3DS (but maybe Fluidity??), so I am leaning towards something for the WiiU. The only WiiU option I have is NES Remix. What do you think I should get?
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote:I got Platinum this year and I honestly have no idea what I want to get. I don't need anything for the 3DS (but maybe Fluidity??), so I am leaning towards something for the WiiU. The only WiiU option I have is NES Remix. What do you think I should get?
Well, at least NES Remix is free, so you won't be out anything even though it sucks. I'd be tempted to try to sell the code to someone if that were my only choice, though. :) Maybe you'll enjoy it! It's like a little compilation of crappier versions of NES games.