Splatoon 2

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Splatoon 2

Post by The Shoemaker »

The Shoemaker wrote:Look at all this lovely Splatoon 2 merch

Love the Joy-Con, will most likely pick up. Green and Blue will look great together.
I'm guessing this image i posted in May is for Europe? Sounds like come autumn there will at least be a way to import these stand alone colors.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Lots of information!

First of all, this video details a new stage coming this week called Manta Marina which takes place on a boat, looks neat. Also a brand new special is coming to the game the week after, which is really interesting as they've never added new specials before. And Salmon Run will be getting a new stage called Lost Outpost. Looks really different.

The game is getting an update tomorrow which has ALOT of little changes to weapons. Things like splat dualies getting a range increase by 9%, splatlings getting movement increased by 20% when charging, things like that. Maybe the more interesting change is certain weapons are getting a salmon run specific boost, such as blasters dealing 40% more damage and less ink consumption, Carbon roller using 30% less ink for vertical and horizontal swings, ect.

A few boss changes as well, such as flyfish can now be defeated using the splashdown special, and the stinger will respond better to explosion attacks from blasters and inkjets. Before each hit would only take off one section of the boss, but now it will take down the boss faster.

Also of note, the first weekend of September will be the second (third?) splatfest, what superpower is better,
Flight or Invisibility.

I feel like unless you've got a sneaky agenda, flight is the obvious answer? Get to work faster, touch the clouds, all that jazz.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Like I said before, I will be joining Invisibility because Flight is tge obvious answer. I wonder if the Invisible team's ink will be invisible, like how the ketchup and mayo ink was themed.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote: 23 Aug 2017 17:16 Like I said before, I will be joining Invisibility because Flight is tge obvious answer. I wonder if the Invisible team's ink will be invisible, like how the ketchup and mayo ink was themed.
I'm almost thinking of doing the same!

Invisible might be a light blue/white? I think the splatfest poster might have shown green.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

New boat stage starts tonight at 9pm central.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Im liking the new salmon run stage, very different from the other two. Each side of the island is different, and the box structure makes it hard to tell what's coming from where, but also makes for a good way of funneling enemies.

The boat stage is pretty sweet too. Lots of elevation and the individual areas are really compact compared to the other stages.

I'm also using the new sloshing machine weapon a lot, feels like a mix between the slosher and the tri slosher. Good bad it has a poor special though.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Guess which TONe member did not pick the winning team in Spatfest yet again... Hint: its not Jogurt the Yogurt.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote: 04 Sep 2017 05:12 Guess which TONe member did not pick the winning team in Spatfest yet again... Hint: its not Jogurt the Yogurt.
Definitely blew up in my face! I'm surprised the popularity vote was so close this time; 51% flight 49% invisibility.

I did awful this splatfest, like unusually bad. I won maybe 2 games out of 15.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Same with me Shoe. I lost my first 8 matches. Had a short streak of like 3 wins, but I definitely lost more than I won.
Joymullen

Post by Joymullen »

I too played Salmon Run a few times.