Rick and Morty

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Rick and Morty

Post by The Shoemaker »

Wubba lubba dub dub!

I know a few people watch the show here, has anyone been keeping up with season 3?

I thought it's been pretty decent so far, I do like how Jerry and Beth's divorce has been a central theme through this season. I think my favorite episode so far is still the season opener.

I've been rewatching a few episodes lately as well, Total Rickall, Rick Potion #9 and M Night Sham-aliens continue to be classics.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: Rick and Morty

Post by SkyPikachu »

Idk why but I've been finding this season not as good. Pickle Rick episode was good and so was the 1st episode but I found myself bored during the Vindicators and Mad Max episode.

Edit: Australia is a week behind America so I haven't seen the latest episode (the one after the Vindicators one)
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 23 Aug 2017 01:16 Idk why but I've been finding this season not as good. Pickle Rick episode was good and so was the 1st episode but I found myself bored during the Vindicators and Mad Max episode.

Edit: Australia is a week behind America so I haven't seen the latest episode (the one after the Vindicators one)
I'm not necessarily disappointed in this season, but I'm not finding it quite as strong as the previous ones. But like I said, I like the central theme that's holding these episodes together.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Watched the episode The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy and that was really a standout for me.
Spoiler
I think I really missed Jerry. Rick works well with Jerry as he purely hates him and walks completely over Jerry which is hilarious I really hope they include him with things. The side arc with Summer, Beth and Morty was a bit stale however.
Morty was good but I really don't think Beths thing worked and I think she works better with Jerry. The stand out was the part before the intro when rick just storms in and tells Jerry he's going on an adventure and drags him out reminded me of the pilot episode and was great it's over the top and insane 'Rick & Jerry episode" line was fantastic as well.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 28 Aug 2017 09:39 Watched the episode The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy and that was really a standout for me.
Spoiler
I think I really missed Jerry. Rick works well with Jerry as he purely hates him and walks completely over Jerry which is hilarious I really hope they include him with things. The side arc with Summer, Beth and Morty was a bit stale however.
Morty was good but I really don't think Beths thing worked and I think she works better with Jerry. The stand out was the part before the intro when rick just storms in and tells Jerry he's going on an adventure and drags him out reminded me of the pilot episode and was great it's over the top and insane 'Rick & Jerry episode" line was fantastic as well.
Spoiler
Definitely agree, even before the Whirly Dirly I was missing Jerry, hopefully he sticks around more. I like how the theme park was very much inspired by Westworld, but in this scenario you can kill humans as well :lol:

I liked the customer service guys stuck in the machine during morty's session. I Also feel like we're seeing Morty more pissed off in each episode, and he's actually becoming more competent now - disarming the bomb in the last episode, using the machine to mess up Ethan. I think he might be on a dark path.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Really loved the toxin episode.
Spoiler
Morty being so successful was a joy to see and to find out Rick really does care for morty is amazing and the fact he think it's a toxic part of him is interesting.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

That was the best episode of the series so far.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Spore wrote: 11 Sep 2017 09:21 That was the best episode of the series so far.
Just watched it last night... I think I have to agree. This was pinnacle Rick and Morty.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Are you guys talking about the toxin episode or the citadel episode?

I really hated the citadel episode it felt like it was trying way to hard to build a massive complex story when all I want is for rick and morty to go on stupid adventures together. I barely laughed at all and as much as the story was creative it's not what made me fall in love with the show.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 16 Sep 2017 14:45 Are you guys talking about the toxin episode or the citadel episode?

I really hated the citadel episode it felt like it was trying way to hard to build a massive complex story when all I want is for rick and morty to go on stupid adventures together. I barely laughed at all and as much as the story was creative it's not what made me fall in love with the show.
Definitely the citadel episode. Really this episode was a bunch of stupid adventures between different ricks and mortys. I liked that it tied back to evil morty in the end though.

Did you like the interdimensional cable episodes? This one felt similar to those, but with a more grounded focus.