Rick and Morty

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: Rick and Morty

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote: 17 Sep 2017 21:13
Slurmee wrote: 16 Sep 2017 14:45 Are you guys talking about the toxin episode or the citadel episode?

I really hated the citadel episode it felt like it was trying way to hard to build a massive complex story when all I want is for rick and morty to go on stupid adventures together. I barely laughed at all and as much as the story was creative it's not what made me fall in love with the show.
Definitely the citadel episode. Really this episode was a bunch of stupid adventures between different ricks and mortys. I liked that it tied back to evil morty in the end though.

Did you like the interdimensional cable episodes? This one felt similar to those, but with a more grounded focus.
I didn't like the cable episode either. Though I liked the citadel episode more than the cable episode. I honestly rather have seen them go to Atlantis.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Rick and Morty signed for another 70 episodes.

Seems like a terrible move as we don’t know if it’ll still be popular on good in 5-7 years.

I feel like adult swim took a huge risk with no reward. It’ll either work (which it would have if you sign 3 x 20 episode deals) or it’ll blow up in your face and you’ll have a show no ones watching no one wants to buy ad time for and is just costing you money.

I much prefer these things be done in 2 season intervals. Review the situation every two years to make sure it’s still worth doing. We don’t want to see a show outstay it’s welcome.

Nonetheless Season 4 yay!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I wonder if it's one of those things where they have the option of stopping anytime they want if it's not performing as well.

This will at the very least prevent any more renewal issues like they have this year. Pretty sure they can only now start working on season 4
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

Rick and Morty season 3 was more popular than anything Adult Swim has ever done. It is a gold standard in edgy teen television viewing, and you never run out of edgy teens. I think it'll be fine running for another six or seven years even if the quality dips a bit.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Spore wrote: 11 May 2018 19:48 and you never run out of edgy teens
The real renewable energy.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons