Horizon

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Horizon

Post by Kong Wen »

Horizon: Zero Dawn looks good. There's a complete edition coming 5 December that includes the DLC. The winter holiday might be a good time to get into that one. Has anyone played it? Shoe? Any good?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: Horizon

Post by VictorViper »

My girl wants to play this, and so do I. We've been waiting on a good price to pounce... we'll see if holiday sales will coax me toward the standard edition or if we'll just spring for the complete edition.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Horizon is great! I picked it up for $50 myself so I thought it was a good value. Took me somewhere around 35 hours to beat the game, with a lot of the side stuff done.

The main focus of the game is the combat, which has a lot of depth. It just feels good to fight robots with your various traps and tools. There's some crafting involved as well as a good skill tree, basic rpg stuff.

It's a very pretty game. World is a good size, though I will say I didn't feel much of a need to explore. You can't really interact with the world or towns much, so you only need to visit an area for the sake of quests or material gathering.

The story is well presented; good music, voice performances, and an intriguing air of mystery to the narrative. Nothing ground breaking, but it's done well.

I definitely recommend it, I imagine the ultimate edition will be a good value. I won't be picking up the DLC, but that's just because I sold the game once I was finished with it.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

What timing. Apparently, Horizon is $19.99 on the US version of Amazon as part of their annual blackened turkey sales.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I asked for it for Christmas/Birthday (The DLC bundle version) pretty excited to play it.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Started Horizon and the starts really fun I played about 2 hours of it mainly doing side quests but so far it's awesome.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 27 Dec 2017 00:56 Started Horizon and the starts really fun I played about 2 hours of it mainly doing side quests but so far it's awesome.
So a month later, did you end up finishing it Slurm?

Also, has anyone played the DLC?
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote: 29 Jan 2018 19:32
Slurmee wrote: 27 Dec 2017 00:56 Started Horizon and the starts really fun I played about 2 hours of it mainly doing side quests but so far it's awesome.
So a month later, did you end up finishing it Slurm?

Also, has anyone played the DLC?
I haven't played it in a while just because I recently got a Vita. However I will get around to playing it again. Probably after my Knack playthrough.