Mega Man 11

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Mega Man 11

Post by The Shoemaker »

RamenJunkie wrote: 04 Dec 2017 21:04 Oh man, I never thought that this might be some $60+ mainline release. I'm not sure that would work with a game like Mega Man. $20 or so probably would be OK. Sonic Mania was $20, and it kind of feels like a good comparison.
I was thinking sonic mania style pricing as well. But hopefully this time physical!

Of course this project is probably a bit more ambitious than mania given the new art style, and (presumably) all new content.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 04 Dec 2017 22:55
Kong Wen wrote: 04 Dec 2017 21:09 Massive open world, complex upgrade system, etc. ;)
Yeah for that type of expansion I'd expect a new mega man series, not a numbered title. Like how the Mega Man X series is different from the classic series.
;)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Is it a Switch exclusive?
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Really jazzed about this! Will also be picking up the Legacy Collection when they come out on Switch. Knew it would be a matter of time!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 05 Dec 2017 01:26 Is it a Switch exclusive?
Read the first post ;)

Looks like there are difficult modes as well. Newcomer, casual, normal and expert.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote: 05 Dec 2017 03:55
Slurmee wrote: 05 Dec 2017 01:26 Is it a Switch exclusive?
Read the first post ;)

Looks like there are difficult modes as well. Newcomer, casual, normal and expert.
I totally missed that haha.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

I am absolutely thrilled (thri11ed?) at this announcement! As others have said, I'm excited that this one isn't 8-bit. I'm hoping that allows for some creative freedom. It's clear that they're mostly sticking to the classic MM style here, but they could do some clever stuff if they break the mold even a little bit.

As much as anything, I hope they have the foresight and demographic knowledge to release a physical version of this game. Even if it's a smaller title in terms of scope/hours, I'd pay a premium for a physical release. This is one of my (and many others') favorite series, and I'd love to have entry #11 (12, really, counting MM&B) lining my shelf next year.
Kong Wen wrote: 04 Dec 2017 21:09
Yeah I'm not sure it would work either, and I doubt it's what they're going for, but it would be neat. Massive open world, complex upgrade system, etc. ;)

I know this isn't at all what you meant, but it irks me that today the buzziest of buzzwords, #openworld, has become the singular point upon which the question "is this worth $60?" rests for so many people. Or, if not that, that an open world game is necessarily better than a level-based or "linear" game. Certainly there are open world games that I love, but linearity can provide focus of level design that I think is needed in some games. MM Classic being such an example.

Open World Arm Cannon Adventure is definitely possible and could be good (see: Metroid Prime), but that doesn't mean it would be better or worth more dollars than a boilerplate, traditional MM11, IMO.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

You're right, that's not at all what I meant. :up:

I personally guarantee that this game will get a physical, retail release.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote: 05 Dec 2017 19:35 You're right, that's not at all what I meant. :up:

I hope you're right! If they really want to generate sales, they could go all out. Manual, quality cover-art, etc.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote: 05 Dec 2017 19:49
Kong Wen wrote: 05 Dec 2017 19:35 You're right, that's not at all what I meant. :up:

I hope you're right! If they really want to generate sales, they could go all out. Manual, quality cover-art, etc.
There's no question of me being right. I'm not guessing or speculating. I'm guaranteeing. :)