Nintendo 2018 Prediction

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Nintendo 2018 Prediction

Post by Kong Wen »

Ouenben wrote: 28 Dec 2017 20:50Zelda Skyward sword (unlikely to ever be on a console without wii remote)
That's OK, the JoyCons are just better Wiimotes.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Spore wrote: 29 Dec 2017 03:08
The Shoemaker wrote: 29 Dec 2017 00:20
Ouenben wrote: 28 Dec 2017 23:19 I saw that, the entire porting process was done out of house though so I don't feel certain it'll be done. They didn't use the Wii U Twilight princess resources either
When twilight princess was made for Wii U it was done out of house as well, so I wouldn't be too surprised.

In the case of Mario galaxy though, I would expect them to do more than just render the games in HD, even though that would still be pretty good.
Yeah, Nintendo does plenty of ports out of house. I mean, Punch-Out Wii isn't even developed by Nintendo. I believe somebody said some aspects of Galaxy were also changed in the port to function without Wiimote controls. Anyway, cmon, this is Nintendo allowing ports of freakin' mainline Mario and Zelda titles to go on a non-Nintendo system. And this system just happens to have nearly identical hardware to the Switch. This doesn't really feel like a stretch. Heck, people got Dolphin running on the Nvidia Shield years ago. So the Switch definitely has the power to run even a heavily abstracted Wii game.
Oh I'm not saying it's a stretch at all. I think they'll take that existing port and spruce it up a bit to sell it as a $60 Switch game.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

The leakers who supposedly leaked details about Team Rainbow Rocket before Pokemon USUM's release has been spreading some rumors about Pokemon Switch. They are similar to what I mentioned earlier but the details are more concrete:

-The battle system has been described as similar to Digimon World 1 and Digimon: Redigitized. Battles will occur in real time and you will be able to issue orders to your Pokemon through menus. There may be a "rock-paper-scissors" system of prediction in place enabling players to counter attacks with blocking moves, blocks with grappling moves and grappling moves with attacks, or something along those lines. Presumably, if the game is like Digimon World then skills will have different cast times; some attacks may override others if they come out faster. I would imagine that Pokemon's system of elemental weaknesses and resistances will also play a role in determining battle outcomes such as which attacks have priority.

-The story will take place in a region based off of Spain or Italy. The story will center on a conflict between tradition and innovation.

-Z-moves will return and will be activated through motion control with the joy cons. There will be no new Mega Evolutions.

-The script is already being translated into "Chinese" (presumably Mandarin).

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/blog/2017 ... em-coming/
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Personally, I'm not at all attached to the Pokemon turn based system, so I wouldn't mind at all if they went real time. I wonder if it would be more difficult to balance something like that where it's still simple enough for kids but enough depth for experienced players.

If they do make a change like this though I'm not expecting a positive reception.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

There are rumors now that the next Fire Emblem will feature a theme of pirates and mutinies.

The source is very dubious, originally coming from 4chan. We'll see if it has any validity.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Jordan wrote: 09 Jan 2018 00:39 originally coming from 4chan.
Yeah I can't take anything from 4chan seriously.