Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Post by The Shoemaker »

neuzd wrote: 14 Jun 2018 23:41
Jordan wrote: 14 Jun 2018 21:53 I think they will only add 2-3 more. I can forgive them since they managed to bring literally everybody back, which in a way is adding a bunch of new characters to the Wii U version of the game (which I never played). Characters like Wolf, Ice Climbers and Young Link are probably going to feel a lot different from how they were before.

I'm not too fussed about who they add, but I have a bias toward franchises that aren't represented. Among third party I'd like to see Shantae and Travis Touchdown. Among unrepresented franchises, anything from a Custom Robo MK to a CO from Advance Wars or an Arms character is cool with me.
I'm really puzzled by the absence of any ARMS characters.
I could both see and not see them adding an ARMS character. Depends on what they want to achieve with the few new characters they have. There will most certainly be DLC as well.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

Including Echos, it feels weird that we're already up to eight newcomers. (Inkling, Daisy, Ridley, Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, and K. Rool). I've been keeping my expectations at bay, and they keep squashing them regardless. I never was one who really pushed for K Rool, but after seeing the gameplay, I'm so glad he's in.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

We need Birdo as a Yoshi echo.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I think it's crazy that I can look at the current roster and see Ridley, Dark Samus, King K Rool and Simon Belmont and not think "fake!"
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Yeah I was way off. I thought they would be conservative given they're bringing everybody back.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Richter is the hypest reveal yet, IMO. Awesome.
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Claytone wrote: 14 Aug 2018 19:26 Richter is the hypest reveal yet, IMO. Awesome.
Since he was revealed with Simon, you could just consider him the unique character and Simon the echo :lol:
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

The Shoemaker wrote: 14 Aug 2018 22:12
Claytone wrote: 14 Aug 2018 19:26 Richter is the hypest reveal yet, IMO. Awesome.
Since he was revealed with Simon, you could just consider him the unique character and Simon the echo :lol:
Haha, I definitely kinda do feel that way. I love both characters, and Castlevania 1 and Rondo of Blood are two of my favorite games ever, but I'm gonna be picking Richter every time I want to play as a Vampire Killer.
You got BOOST power!
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

I'm struggling to think of any more realistic character choices left, outside of popular echo choices like Shadow, Ken, Isabelle, and Dixie. Geno, I guess? I think SMRPG would be better recognized with music and Assist Trophies than full-fledged characters, though.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

Captain N.