What systems do you have hooked up right now?

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.

What are your current active home gaming systems?

PC
16%
PS3
13%
PS4
18%
Xbox 360
4%
Xbox One
4%
Wii U
11%
Switch
18%
Other(s)
16%

Total votes: 55

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

What systems do you have hooked up right now?

Post by Kong Wen »

Kiwi and I were chatting about having another TONe multiplayer game fest soon, and it led to a discussion of who has what systems available to play on. It made me wonder what people currently have hooked up and ready for active play.

So please select as many options from the poll as you need. If we notice one system has a lot of overlap with the community, maybe we'll get a big game together?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Re: What systems do you have hooked up right now?

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

As far as online multiplayer devices go: I've got the PS4 and the (fairly low-spec-) PC available right now. May buy a Switch at any moment though.
I got my PS3 stored away, may get it out if needed. Also my 3DS is around, though there isn't much we could do with it.
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

PS4 and PC are my primary multiplayer-capable machines. My PS3 is ready to go as well, but it's old.

I have my Xbox 360 still hooked up upstairs as Mrs. Kong's Netflix machine. Wii U and Switch are mostly single-player machines by virtue of not having any good online games.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Didn't read the OP before answering and thought this topic was heading in a different direction than it was. I currently also have, eg, my Sega Saturn hooked up because it's my latest retro (sorry, Vic) collecting interest. SNES as well because I've been playing that a bit.

How many of y'all have different things hooked up to different TVs? My PS3 is mostly a DVD machine for the bedroom, but I do have some backlog items I'd like to check off on it as well. I've also got a CRT dedicated to the old consoles. How 'bout y'all?

Edit: To be clear, I'd be down for some multiplayer stuff as well. Just wanted to divert the thread into another topic as well. :D
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote: 16 Jul 2018 18:56 Didn't read the OP before answering and thought this topic was heading in a different direction than it was. I currently also have, eg, my Sega Saturn hooked up because it's my latest retro (sorry, Vic) collecting interest. SNES as well because I've been playing that a bit.

How many of y'all have different things hooked up to different TVs? My PS3 is mostly a DVD machine for the bedroom, but I do have some backlog items I'd like to check off on it as well. I've also got a CRT dedicated to the old consoles. How 'bout y'all?

Edit: To be clear, I'd be down for some multiplayer stuff as well. Just wanted to divert the thread into another topic as well. :D
My main personcave 70" TV is the one with the PC, PS3, PS4, Wii U, and Switch hooked up. It also has a revolving opening for Wii (via component) and retro systems, though they're not actually hooked up right now. I can throw any composite system up there at a moment's notice.

In the upstairs living room, I have the Xbox 360, mainly for Netflix for now, until I make more progress on Kong's Cycle of Violence.

I have a small 1080p TV in my bedroom, which is where the NES Classic and SNES Classic live. And I have a really nice CRT that I sometimes break out for bachelor-week-style stints on older systems, but it's not being used right now. It's always at the ready.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

"Other" means Vita, in my case. We have the Wii, 2600 and DC at the ready as well, but this is to gauge multiplayer gaming so not really relevant.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Ps3 as a dvd/bluray player never use as a gaming system

Ps4/Xbox One as main consoles

Switch/Wii U are plugged in but HDMI aren't in due to not enough ports but it takes 2 seconds to switch plus both can be played without a tv

Wii is plugged in as well as I was screwing about with the homebrew channel and its my system to play gamecube games

360, Ps2, N64 and SNES are packed away
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Only PC. Switch and 3DS are portables for me.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I don't think I have my Wii U plugged in, so just switch and ps4 actively engaged.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Switch, Wii U on main tv.

Smaller tv I have N64, Genesis, Wii, GC, and 360.

Bedroom tv has NES mini, famicom mini, and SNES mini

NES and Atari 2600 packed away.
I intend to live forever, or die trying