What games are you looking forward to playing in 2019. (Including non 2019 games)

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

What games are you looking forward to playing in 2019. (Including non 2019 games)

Post by SkyPikachu »

2018 is creeping closer to an end which means a whole new year of video games is about to come out.

Which games are you looking forward to playing in 2019? This can include games you have yet to play from 2018 or earlier.

For me I have become less and less likely to buy games day 1 and I tend to wait for sales so I won't be buying stuff day 1 much next year however there's 2 games I most likely will be.

2019 Games
Animal Crossing [Untitled Switch Game] - Day 1 buy most likely. New Leaf consumed my life for half a year.
Pokemon 2019 [Untitled Switch Game] - Probably another Day 1 buy as I can easily stream it there's way Nintendo can turn this from a Day 1 buy into a never buy though.
Tunic - Funnily enough my most hyped game from E3 2018 depending on price if it's $30 AUD or less I'll buy day one.

2018 Games
Spider-man 2018 - I'm waiting on a GOTY/Big bundle edition but I'm keen to play this at some point
Red Dead Redemption 2 - I'm waiting on a GOTY/Big bundle edition but I'm keen to play this at some point I'm actually almost tempted to buy this earlier.

Other Games
Kingdom Hearts II+BBS+DDD+III - It's a slow grind but I will get through these hopefully I keep putting it off and getting distracted with other games.
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - I own it on Gamecube but never got around to playing it. Will be able to stream this and looking forward to getting this for either my birthday or Christmas.
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past - Been putting this off for a while and so streaming it is the perfect way to playing it. Honestly graphic wise one of the most beautiful games I have ever seen.
Finding hidden gems in my backlog - Since the future doesn't have that many titles I'm super excited for plus I have disliked a lot of new games lately. (BotW, Pokemon, Insert FPS here, Uncharted etc) I'll have a ton of time to play my backlog of games which I'm excited for. I'm sure there will be a lot of stuff that's average (Especially on Steam) but I'm also sure I'll find some games I adore.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Re: What games are you looking forward to playing in 2019. (Including non 2019 games)

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

Sooo...

"Wargroove" is set to release which I'm kinda hyped for, "Kentucky Route Zero" should get it's final Act (and console release).
"Tunic" looks gorgeous and for my dungeoneering needs "Etrian Odyssey Nexus" releases in February, the last EO game for (3)DS consoles.
There's a fair chance for "Persona Q2" getting a western release too.
I may still pick "God of War" up this year and "SEKIRO - Shadows Die Twice" is set to release in March.
Good chance that I'll get to the remake of "Tales of Vesperia", set for January.
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: What games are you looking forward to playing in 2019. (Including non 2019 games)

Post by Kong Wen »

Is Fire Emblem coming out in 2019? If so, I'm looking forward to playing that one.

I'll also be looking for a new social game to play with the This Old Neon crowd—unfortunately, Anthem seems to be the only one on the horizon, and I don't think I'll be patronizing EA, even if it is a Canadian game, but I could be overruled by a majority of clannies.

Any Picross game that gets released in 2019 will be an instant buy.

I'll probably be playing Monster Hunter in 2019, but not looking forward to it, simply because I'll be battling the unrelenting grind trying to polish off the platinum.

I'll also be playing Dragon Quest XI well into 2019 if my current pace of getting a chance to play it for 30 minutes per week holds up, which seems likely, given that I'm taking 4 more courses starting in January.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 12 Nov 2018 16:00 I'll also be looking for a new social game to play with the This Old Neon crowd—unfortunately, Anthem seems to be the only one on the horizon, and I don't think I'll be patronizing EA, even if it is a Canadian game, but I could be overruled by a majority of clannies.
Anthem looks super Meh to me. Metroid Prime could always have some cool multilayer otherwise it seems like fps and battle royals currently flood the multilayer market.

Is smash not popular with the ToNe crowd? Its not my thing but I thought a lot of you guys liked it.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Metroid Prime 4 (if it's launched in 2019)
Luigi's Mansion 3
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Slurmee wrote: 12 Nov 2018 16:34 Anthem looks super Meh to me. Metroid Prime could always have some cool multilayer otherwise it seems like fps and battle royals currently flood the multilayer market.
An FPS would be OK with me as long as it's a good one like Destiny, and not a trash one like Destiny 2. :lol:

I wonder if 2019 will be the year I treat myself to VR? I might hold tight and see what kind of PS5 news starts to come out. I'm guessing it's going to be a Pro+ type system with VR bundled.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Hoping VR is a fad. I really don't want to ever have to try it.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I’ll have a few things going on but mostly catch up. I will be getting VR in December so that will come with a little library of games I am interested in, including:

The Inpatient
Paranormal Activity: Lost Souls
The Exorcist: Legion
Everest
Moss
Apollo 11

I’ll also be getting Tales of Vesperia at launch in January so I can finally play it.

Catch up titles I want to spend more time with include:
Nioh
Prey
FFXII
FFXV
Dark Souls
Fallout 4
Evil Within 2

And I’ll be continuing to play:
RDR2
Asscreed Odyssey
DQXI
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

Slurmee wrote: 13 Nov 2018 14:44 Hoping VR is a fad. I really don't want to ever have to try it.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 12 Nov 2018 16:34
Kong Wen wrote: 12 Nov 2018 16:00 I'll also be looking for a new social game to play with the This Old Neon crowd—unfortunately, Anthem seems to be the only one on the horizon, and I don't think I'll be patronizing EA, even if it is a Canadian game, but I could be overruled by a majority of clannies.
Anthem looks super Meh to me. Metroid Prime could always have some cool multilayer otherwise it seems like fps and battle royals currently flood the multilayer market.

Is smash not popular with the ToNe crowd? Its not my thing but I thought a lot of you guys liked it.
Red Dead Online will likely be a pretty good social experience I would think.

Smash is popular, but probably not what Kong is thinking of when he says social game, despite it being a game people will play together.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons