Happy Winter Holidays & Loot Lists

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Happy Winter Holidays & Loot Lists

Post by Kong Wen »

Happy winter holidays everyone! I've been offline in the maelstrom for a while thanks for multiple xmases with nephews. Much more hectic than my holidays usually are, but it was fun and I'm finding brief moments of relaxation where I can. :)

How were your festivities, if you celebrate?

Feel free to post up a list of whatever Santa brought down your chimney. :)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Re: Happy Winter Holidays & Loot Lists

Post by Sharecrow »

Ours went pretty well. For Christmas I got a beautiful Tolkien Easton Press set that includes The Hobbit, LOTR, and The Simarillion. I also got a signed 40th anniversary Garfield book which I’ll actually be reading.

For my birthday I got VR and a whole slew of games for it.

Got my son a guitar which we’ll be practicing on going forward :). Jam sessions!

Edit: I also bought I think nine more books with gift cards I got.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Money, Clothes, Calendar, Big Bang Season 11, Buffy Season 1
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I had a pretty funny xmas eve with my nephews. They opened their gifts, then we played some Smash Bros. and I obliterated them (the only enjoyable way to play Smash). Then the next night I went into Mrs. Kong's place for their family festivities. Ended up having two steak dinners and three full turkey dinners not including leftovers meals.

I got a Doberman calendar, $50 gift card at Indigo/Chapters, $10 Best Buy gift card, 4 pairs of socks (including a great novelty pair with poutine on them), a belt, a new water bottle, a couple winter holiday tree ornaments (a Porg and a Sweet Jesus), a bunch of chocolate (Toblerone! Ganong!), and a bunch of hygiene supplies.

I also got Stephen King's 11/22/63 and The Stand for myself, and Peter Watts's Blindsight from my Secret Santa.

Oh, and those beautiful Rhythm Beige Koss Porta-Pros came in. They're really nice! Not quite as stiff as my basic pair, and of course they have the glorious aesthetic of a '70s hospital.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I was supposed to work and overnight Christmas eve but got called last minute saying I didn't have to come in, so that was nice! I was a pretty traditional Christmas otherwise, breakfast with my grandma and that side of the family, followed by gift exchange with my immediate family and all the spouses, and then dinner at my girlfriends. Ended up working overnight Christmas day, but that wasn't too bad.

As for loot, of note was Valkyria Chronicles 4 for Switch, a wireless phone charging pad, a leatherbound set of the song of ice and fire books, gift cards and some much needed bed sheets! Ended up using the gift card to get myself Assassin's Creed Odyssey.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 31 Dec 2018 22:30 I was supposed to work and overnight Christmas eve but got called last minute saying I didn't have to come in, so that was nice! I was a pretty traditional Christmas otherwise, breakfast with my grandma and that side of the family, followed by gift exchange with my immediate family and all the spouses, and then dinner at my girlfriends. Ended up working overnight Christmas day, but that wasn't too bad.

As for loot, of note was Valkyria Chronicles 4 for Switch, a wireless phone charging pad, a leatherbound set of the song of ice and fire books, gift cards and some much needed bed sheets! Ended up using the gift card to get myself Assassin's Creed Odyssey.
Ooh, I forgot to mention my parents got us a huge comfy blanket. Can't wait to wrap Berls up in it like a burrito! 🌯

Post a pic of that book set when you get a chance!